ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hole in bellhousing because of clutch failure

This is the second time this has happened, and this time only after 6hours on a brand new Valeo clutch and agency rebuilt box. Grrr

One of the pins on the pressure plate springs has come away. This has released the metal plates make one hell of a mess inside the bellhousing including a hole. Fortunately the gear oil is clear with no crunching so I'm hoping the internals are ok.

My questions:
1) has this happened to other people?!
2) can the bell housing be simply unbolted and changed or will it need to go back to agency?
3) are there any updated clutches that have stronger pressure plate springs?

Thanks all -

Matt

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
1) yes it has happened to others, but possibly not to the extent where it's holed the bell housing.
2) no you can't just unbolt them unfortunately. If your lucky and find another box that's got the same internal bearing setup then you'll be able to get them swapped over.
3) only one I know of is the helix clutch.

See pictures attached

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    878.2 KB · Views: 78
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    927.4 KB · Views: 71

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Has it holes the casing and allowed the oil to pass through? Or is it just the bell housing that's damaged?

If it's the latter, I'd look at getting it welded personally.

dan's cast offs.
any half decent tig welder will be able to do that for you. you shouldn't have to travel far to get it done.