ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Holds back on acceleration when cold

Ph2 Meg 225
I have a 1.2 16v which for the first minute when the engine is cold, the car will hold back on acceleration an then suddenly give it? This only happens occasionally, any ideas?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Plugs, leads, coil, sensor. A hole host of things mate. Any lights come on? Low fuel maybe

Ph2 Meg 225
No lights come and and it's never got less than 90 miles in the tank (according to the mpg thing) as I dont trust it haha

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Just keep an eye on it mate, it will progressively get worse and hopefully be easier to diagnose. At the moment it will be purely guess work which costs money

Ph2 Meg 225
I will do! I've been looking at swapping the plugs anyway, I want a dogbone mount with power flex bushes first but I'm not sure if it will fit?

Ph2 Meg 225
No problem I'm sure someone will know! I've had the car for 18 month in which they haven't been done but it didn't come with much service history so I'm not sure :( when I get Abit more money I'm wanting to fit new filters and give it a good service