ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ho many pipes on the carbon canister?

Ph2 Clio 172
My car has developed a odd popping sound that you can hear when idling. Its like if you make a popping noise with your lips, and the frequency rises and falls with the engine speed. You can't hear it above about 1500 rpm, but its still there.

Its coming from around my front drivers side wheel arch and I cant for the life of me figure out where. But I had the arch liner out at the weekend replacing it as it broke and I noticed that there are 2 connections coming out of the top of the carbon canister, but only one of them is connected to anything? The other is just open at the top of the canister. Its the one nearest the front of the car. The other one is connected to a pipe that runs in towards the engine bay.

Should this second connector have something on it? If so, what, and how could it have fallen off? I poked around and couldn't see any obvious loose pipes?

(doh, can a mod please add a W to the thread title? Cheers)