ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hit & run

Clio
hey, i use to have a moped, still got it, dont ride it any more tho, but i werent stupid on mine! come off it once in the rain, hurt my self bad, but didnt drive stupid! but true the amount of young immature boys that drive them are stupid!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
this was a 100cc moped! (according to the dvla)

just finishing off my breakfast before i give the insurance peeps a call.

I've already had a look on the MIB site and williams025 summed up exactly what I can do :)

heh, everyone is now telling me this is a perfect time to get a williams :p

oh, and im gonna stick this on my bonnet:
IS167-055.jpg

Clio 2001 1.5 DCi
I feel for you mate, but surely you can charge the owner of the mo-ped. I used to have a mo-ped at 16, loved every minute on it - now I got my Clio :D Stil lgot my ped though go to work on it in the mornings so I can bypass traffic :D

Its true that everyone whos 16 has to have it restricted to 30, but nobody at all doers this heck mine could go 60 if I left it long enough, and it only had 50 on the clock! Police really need to buckle down on it, cause if they don't kids will still do it.

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Well, just got off the phone to the insurance Co.

they are now going to track down the owner of the bike and see what he has to say :)

hopefully, as i have witnesses and the rider ran off, it should be fairly clear cut :)

'92 172, Lotus Elise
Life just keeps getting better

Was at a friends house, parked up on the side of the road along with everyone else

and one of his neighbours reversed out of his drive into me :( got a nice big dent on my door and wing (O/S)

he's admitted fault, although it would be kind of hard not to. Atleast he was kind enough to come and find me :)

Now i have two insurance claims going, both of which could write off my car.

whats the situation with this? could i get 2 seperate pay outs?

think my car is giving subtle hints :/

Yup, two separate incidents, two separate pay ups (if you can get anything from the moped incident!!)

Are you sure no one has installed an industrial magnet in your boot???

'92 172, Lotus Elise
not much of an update really.

The second claim is not doing much as i suspect they are waiting to see if the first accident writes off my car, making any repairs pointless.

However, my insurance company have had difficulty tracing the owner of the bike as its not showing up on any insurance databases (maybe the owner cancelled as it was written off?). They have now done a DVLA search to find the owners name/address (which i could've done tbh).

They will then write to the owner and request info etc...

Problem is, my MOT/insurance is due at the end of the month and i can see this claim much taking longer than that. what happens if, at the end of the month, the claim is still on going and my MOT expires and then my insurance does too? I can't have an un-MOT'd un-insured car on the road. I have no where to keep it off the road too (don't even know anyone willing to give up their driveaway for a broken clio :p)

Monaco Blue 172
Matteh said:
not much of an update really.

The second claim is not doing much as i suspect they are waiting to see if the first accident writes off my car, making any repairs pointless.

However, my insurance company have had difficulty tracing the owner of the bike as its not showing up on any insurance databases (maybe the owner cancelled as it was written off?). They have now done a DVLA search to find the owners name/address (which i could've done tbh).

They will then write to the owner and request info etc...

Problem is, my MOT/insurance is due at the end of the month and i can see this claim much taking longer than that. what happens if, at the end of the month, the claim is still on going and my MOT expires and then my insurance does too? I can't have an un-MOT'd un-insured car on the road. I have no where to keep it off the road too (don't even know anyone willing to give up their driveaway for a broken clio :p)
what a load of balls. time to have serious words with ur insurance ppl and actually i would get onto the cops and ask them to kindly speed this process up a bit... WRITING to the owner is just a waste of precious time, I think pc plod should be paying them a home visit by the end of next week!! esp as it seems likely they were uninsured!!

dont take any s**t man! :evil:

jooliona said:
what a load of balls. time to have serious words with ur insurance ppl and actually i would get onto the cops and ask them to kindly speed this process up a bit... WRITING to the owner is just a waste of precious time, I think pc plod should be paying them a home visit by the end of next week!! esp as it seems likely they were uninsured!!

dont take any sh*t man! :evil:

As above, call the cops (you must have a ref number for the RTI) and get an update. They should have called on the registered owner by now and he may have even been reported. This is the sort of thing that makes insurance companies jump into action!

Nice work on the bonnet!

'92 172, Lotus Elise
last time i spoke with the police they said they were unable to verify who was riding the bike :(

I suppose i need to call them again.. get them to visit the owner and beat the answer out of him (either he knows, or it was 'stolen')

why can't they just do this anyway!

the 5-0 gave me a VRN number and a date? is that what i need?

Matteh said:
last time i spoke with the police they said they were unable to verify who was riding the bike :(

I suppose i need to call them again.. get them to visit the owner and beat the answer out of him (either he knows, or it was 'stolen')

why can't they just do this anyway!

the 5-0 gave me a VRN number and a date? is that what i need?

The owner has to varify who was riding it or they commit a separate offence, dont let them fob you off with that one, make sure the owner gets stuck on for the hassle he's caused!

Not sure what a vrn number is...

Monaco Blue 172
you should have been given a "case" number or something similar when u reported it. not sure if thats called a VRN in the industry but if thats all u have then run with it :)
unfortunately u just have to keep on at them otherwise u slip to the bottom of the pile...!