ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit at 30mph while stationary

Civic Vtec y0
Was parked up the other night, thankfully with my seatbelt on, when some one apparently didnt see me and ploughed right into the back of me!!!

Gutted isnt the word, then to rub salt in the wound my replacement car is totally different to my Clio so therefore my learners are basically learning to drive again :(

Having major issues already with insurance, I just know it isnt going to go smoothly.

Anyway, heres the damage...

DSCF1061.jpg

DSCF1060.jpg

DSCF1059.jpg

DSCF1062.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
oh dear, whats that curved up in the arch? is it plastic or metal, anyway looks like them bumpers have done a good job

106 GTI
Thats got to be a genuine whiplash claim, 30mph shunt how you feeling today? was a learner in the car...good bit of practise for when they pass lol

White Sti Hatch
looks a bit like mine did when mine was hit bar the Giant crack in the rear bumper !

Shitemare though mate hope it gets sorted for you quick

Pisser about the damage :( As for 30mph, no way is that the result of you stationary and the vehicle hitting you at 30. Unless the front 20ft of their car was made of bubblewrap and you had the handbrake off.

FF RB 182
gutted hun looks bit bad.

a mate of mine got hit while on a driving lesson. She actually got compensation too!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
True but isn't it still classed as a claim ?? I've no idea with insurance never had to claim

No, cos you've not claimed on your own inusrance. But some companys do ask if you have had to claim from another person.

Clio 182
Bloody hell are the other party blind or something, how the hell could they not have seen you....... Either they hit you from behind, so theres no contest who is at fault tbh

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
if he claims off them,

then he gets every bit of dmg on the car fixed by proper mechanics,
with genuine renault parts, and painted and blended proplery,
plus compensation!! i would, sounds like they shouldnt be on the road tbh,
and no it wont be a claim on his behalf,

be a fool not to use insurance, this is what its there for!

really sorry to hear this, hope it all gets sorted for you.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
:(

What's the replacement? After my instructor crashed his car I found the new one loads easier to drive.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Bad luck mate ! Low speed impact that, 30mph all the back end including quarter panels would be caved in.

Civic Vtec y0
Well they were going 40mph, seen me when they were about 10yards behind me and skidded into the back of me. Her headlight was above her front wheel, her car is a total write off.

Not on a lesson thankfully, however have a Campus as a hire car. Its a totally different car ffs!

Of course I will be getting it fixed thru insurance, why would I pay to get the damage fixed that was caused by another driver? Her insurance will also pay for my loss of earnings, hire car and personal injury claim if I make one. Im sore as fook the day so still debating it

How long does it usually take to get a teh repairs carried out? can any one speak from experience?

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
No, cos you've not claimed on your own inusrance. But some companys do ask if you have had to claim from another person.

Still classed as a claim.

Just a "Non-fault, excess recovered" type of claim.

If you claim on your insurance or anyone elses, still a claim which has to be declared.

Most companies have a drop down menu with many types of answers for it.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Well they were going 40mph, seen me when they were about 10yards behind me and skidded into the back of me. Her headlight was above her front wheel, her car is a total write off.

Not on a lesson thankfully, however have a Campus as a hire car. Its a totally different car ffs!

Of course I will be getting it fixed thru insurance, why would I pay to get the damage fixed that was caused by another driver? Her insurance will also pay for my loss of earnings, hire car and personal injury claim if I make one. Im sore as fook the day so still debating it

How long does it usually take to get a teh repairs carried out? can any one speak from experience?

It is really down to the company you are with and what protocol they use.

Some companies are pretty quick, have the car collected and assessed within days.

Some take a while to collect, assess and approve the repairs.

Give your company a ring, speak to the dept dealing with it.
Altho again being the weekend, no work is probably being done on you case/claim.

Civic Vtec y0
Still classed as a claim.

Just a "Non-fault, excess recovered" type of claim.

If you claim on your insurance or anyone elses, still a claim which has to be declared.

Most companies have a drop down menu with many types of answers for it.
However I still need to claim as I am still running at a loss! She has insurance to pay for accidents, therefore I will be claiming

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Deff mate, claim away :)

I assume you have some sort of learners policy or something? Not sure how insurance goes on learner vehicles?

Either way as you say, you should get your loss of earning etc all back.

My dad did with his work van, someone pulled out infront of himturning right.
He is self employed and lost a weeks work due to it.