ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit a pheasant

275 Trophy
Just hit a pheasant that stupidly wondered out into the road. Was doing about 70 but braked to about 60, looked in rear view to see my off side fog light bouncing down the road. That seams to be the only damage, but it's taken the surround with and in doing so, ripped open the holes in the bumper where it presumably mounts. Question is, can I fit a new light and secure it with a nut and washers? Really don't want to look at a new bumper.

Why do these things not have any sense of self preservation? All that country side and they roam about on tarmac roads.

Not a 320d
I hot a fox at 60 mate, I own a MK3 tho, check that the bumper itself isnt loose, the wheel arch liners, plastic under trays etc. Im sure youll be fine but when I hot that fox I thought there was only fog light damage. Ive got allsorts loose under there now.

Sorry ive not answered your question. Hope the input is of some use.

275 Trophy
I hot a fox at 60 mate, I own a MK3 tho, check that the bumper itself isnt loose, the wheel arch liners, plastic under trays etc. Im sure youll be fine but when I hot that fox I thought there was only fog light damage. Ive got allsorts loose under there now.

Sorry ive not answered your question. Hope the input is of some use.

It is buddy, thanks. I will have a better look under the car tomorrow. There was a massive bang after I hit the bird but I assume that was the light hitting the bottom of the car. The bird was knocked into the path of an oncoming car, so he may of sustained even worse damaged as the stupid thing will of hit his car at speed. I've ordered a light off ebay (after checking on here) so hopefully shouldn't cost too much if I can get away without buying and spraying a bumper.

275 Trophy
LOL, i've got reactions like a cat, seiously, and I braked HARD. Misses nearly wet herself (no pics, Mace).