ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hit a cat last night.......

Megane 225
im suprised I havent been burnt yet after my comments lol

Nah, speak the truth mate in many ways. Never good to run over any animal letalone someones pet but no a lot i could have done, if a deer had run onto the road result would have been similar, dead animal and broken car. On the plus side got all the parts needed to repair, still need to locate a part of front spoiler to fibre glass it all back together then paint it.

i'd be glad if someone ran over my cat. i hate the c**t but it keeps coming back

My cats a dick like, but its my girlfriends so dinny really fancy it getting flattened

Clio 182 FF cup'd
I cant believe people are suggesting to go find the owner of the cat and tell them you killed it.. They would probably try and sue your for causing them distress or if there mental try and knock the f**k out of you! Be honest if somebody turned up at your house and said "ive just ran over your cat and its dead" your not going to say "oh well, thanks for telling me. i was wondering where it had gone??"

ph2 172
I cant believe people are suggesting to go find the owner of the cat and tell them you killed it.. They would probably try and sue your for causing them distress or if there mental try and knock the f**k out of you! Be honest if somebody turned up at your house and said "ive just ran over your cat and its dead" your not going to say "oh well, thanks for telling me. i was wondering where it had gone??"

+1, its just a cat

Dodgy one
Id have thrown it in the hedge tbh after and say no more saved someone else from possibly having an accident, Id have hit it too sod swirving and possibly killing myself

BMW 330D
Poor cat.

I understand you being pissed off about your car, but out there somewhere is someone in a state because their cat has disappeared.
You need to make some effort to publicise what has happened to it.

He's put it on the Internet hasn't he

Megane 225

was in two minds, no the most solid person in the world so if some big fucker answered the door would probably chicken out.

+1, its just a cat

could have been someones pet or a stray, never know.

Id have thrown it in the hedge tbh after and say no more saved someone else from possibly having an accident, Id have hit it too sod swirving and possibly killing myself

sat what i found of it at side of road. went back today to look for bits of my spoiler, found the bits but not the cat. Supplied some hungry fox or something with a meal that evening!

He's put it on the Internet hasn't he

put it on the net aye but there isnt many people from Dumfries on cliosport and the chance of the owner of that cat being on here is very low. Fibreglassing the front spoiler, and now the rear as a massive chunk had broken off from a previous trip to the tyre shop (dicks)

Ph2 Flamer
Are you suggesting
1 - Cat owners should keep their cats in the house and take them for walks on a lead like a dog - mental
2 - Cat owners just shouldn't let cats out at all and have them s**t in a box in the house for 18 years - smelly
3 - Cat owners should keep the same ungodly hours as their cat and go out with their cat and supervise where they roam to and ensure they don't cross roads without obeying the green cross code - mental
4 - People shouldn't keep cats at all - there'd still be ferral cats smashing up peoples splitters

by the way totally agree it's not the op's fault for hitting the cat and I'd agree the decent thing to do would be to try and let the owners know (within reason) by perhaps knocking any nearby doors, calling a couple of the local vets but thats about it. Don't think I'd drag the mangled body into a vet to see if it's been chipped tho. If it's been run over chasing a big hare then it probably died happy, and by the sounds of it the cat was killed pretty quick. My old man had to back up over a cat he'd hit once when we were on hols as it was half squashed and completely fucked but still alive. That wasn't much fun as kids sat in the back of a Metro hitting a cat and then feeling the car bump as it went back over again. Would have been better if there had been a spade to hand tbh.

+1, I hate the way some cat owners think they can just let there cats roam all over the place. You wouldnt do this with any other type of animal! Im not saying it right to not be humane, if you did hit the cat then check its either dead or call the rspca to help it asap, but dont feel guilty for hitting it - the fault is with the owner for allowing it to roam!!

PS. I know im going to get slated for this post but I really dont like those certain type of cat owners that expect you to treat their cats like gods!

Megane 225
Are you suggesting
1 - Cat owners should keep their cats in the house and take them for walks on a lead like a dog - mental
2 - Cat owners just shouldn't let cats out at all and have them s**t in a box in the house for 18 years - smelly
3 - Cat owners should keep the same ungodly hours as their cat and go out with their cat and supervise where they roam to and ensure they don't cross roads without obeying the green cross code - mental
4 - People shouldn't keep cats at all - there'd still be ferral cats smashing up peoples splitters

by the way totally agree it's not the op's fault for hitting the cat and I'd agree the decent thing to do would be to try and let the owners know (within reason) by perhaps knocking any nearby doors, calling a couple of the local vets but thats about it. Don't think I'd drag the mangled body into a vet to see if it's been chipped tho. If it's been run over chasing a big hare then it probably died happy, and by the sounds of it the cat was killed pretty quick. My old man had to back up over a cat he'd hit once when we were on hols as it was half squashed and completely f**ked but still alive. That wasn't much fun as kids sat in the back of a Metro hitting a cat and then feeling the car bump as it went back over again. Would have been better if there had been a spade to hand tbh.

well said totally agree

I don't like cats.

dont like them either but i have one:-/ its the other halfs so cannie really complain too much

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Are you suggesting

1 or 2 sounds good to me. The fact that 2 would be smelly is the owners problem (i find it funny how you say you wouldnt want this as it would be smelly yet dont care about cat s**tting in other people gardens and creating bad smells for them). I know a few people who have indoor only cats and I respect them a lot more for it, show they have some respect for there neighbours.

Good thing I didnt take my flame suit off yet :p

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I like cats but I can't help but laugh at the paw print :quiet:

As said, it probably died happy, chasing a rabbit.

Not a lot the OP can do with mangled body parts.

BMW 535d
My ex used to own a cat, I used to wedge a piece of cardboard in the cat flap soit couldnt open it. Shitting thing used to ignore the scratching post and use my couch

Clio
lol, a dead cat is hardly the end of the world. I would go and find the owner of the cat though. Surely you can claim some money towards your car? it is neglect to let a cat just run round where the f**k it wants and damage other peoples property.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol you can tell from my other posts that i really dont like cats, but i dont thinkn the cat was looking to cause damage! lol.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
lol, a dead cat is hardly the end of the world. I would go and find the owner of the cat though. Surely you can claim some money towards your car? it is neglect to let a cat just run round where the f**k it wants and damage other peoples property.

I doubt very much that would happen. A friend of mines dog got run over by a van that was speeding. Made a right mess hit it on the head and there was literally brains all over the road. A week later the bloke in the van went round and asked for some money towards the repair of the van, my mates brother had to hold him back from knocking the bloke out.

How would you feel if your pet was killed and someone came round demanding money for the damage on the car? I know what my response would be.

pet.jpg

Lol. I noticed the paw print.

I hit a cat on the m2 a couple of years ago. Little fucker was chasing a butterfly. In slow motion (more like 90 mph) I hit it and it bounced across the carrageway into oncoming traffic.

Stopped. Checked the car was OK. Found the lower grill was bent. Walked back to see if I could see Mr Jinx. Couldnt. Got back in the car and drove home feeling like a c**t.

Clio
How would you feel if your pet was killed and someone came round demanding money for the damage on the car? I know what my response would be.

Its a pet, its replaceable. I'd be pissed off if someone let their animal out of control in public. I'd expect them to be pissed at me. People go on about animals being like family... you wouldn't let your 3 year old kid out running riot on its own without knowing where it was so people should treat their pets the same. If they don't know the green cross code they shouldn't be out on their own.

V6 255 (Illiad Blue)
Its a car Mace, replaceable.....unless you know of a Cloned pets r us, its hardly replaceable is it?