ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hissing from engine ?

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
dunno what other way to desribe it tbh. its constant. been like that for a wee while. any ideas guys ?

Vacuum Leak?

Check all the air hoses, does the car idle higher than normal? Could be a loss of air through a hole in a hose somewhere

Yeh mate.

There is an air hose that comes out the cylinder head underneat the throttle body on the right hand side, it stretches round the back and in the top behind the air filter. Mine had a split it in and was letting out air and causing the revs to go sky high. I just cut the top bit off and reconnected it and its been fine ever since

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
bit of a daft question .. but how high were your revs going ? mines jumps to 3,000 on a cold start and drops after a couple of minutes

ST
Snake-tec y0..

snake4.jpg

bit of a daft question .. but how high were your revs going ? mines jumps to 3,000 on a cold start and drops after a couple of minutes

Mine was constantly idling at 2k, hot and cold, a bit higher on cold. And had the same constant hissing noise coming from it