ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hillpower 2ltr Willy conversion 4 Valver?

Williams 2
Hi people,
I've been thinking for a while now about a 2ltr Willy coversion for my valver, as I have gather from other threads that that is the way to go for better power gains and incresed modding. Has anybody had this done by Hill Power, if so what does it include, e.g fully re-built willy lump etc? How much did it cost, was was it worth it? I have considred cams etc for my 1.8 16v, but think it would b more cost effective to stick a willy lump in. Any help would b much appreciated. Matt :D

Trophy
I had it done to my Red 16v in 2001 and cost about £3k for the 2L conversion with modded head, cams and chip.
Worth it? Definately! I loved every minute of it for the next 15,000 miles and still regret selling it to this day.
If you need more details your best bet is ringing Nick and talking to him : 01530 273633
He'll be able to talk you through everything and find a suitable solution for your budget.

Mat.

Williams 2
mattbrown - cheers m8, sound well worth it. 3k is a lot of dosh though. Got the money, just debating what to do....with have to speak to Nick as u suggested. Would modded head, cams and chip b a good starting point? what kind of hp was ur car kicking out?

Ali - I've had a chat with Winston about the willy lump he's selling. Interested in it, though it has done about 70k. Just getting a general feel for things first. Cheers.:D

Audi TT 225 Quattro
had this done mate, 1st brought a s/h willy engine for £750 inc vat was going to get it rebuilt but nick said it did'nt need it so spent the money basicly sorting anything that needed doing, got a set of cams and pullies fitted then got it remapped (145bhp atw at the time), cost was £2700:eek: for everything but u must understand i had quite alot done, u could get it done for around £1200 ( just an eng fitted nothing changed ) but depends how much u pay for the 2.0l engine, nick charges £350 to swap the engines. deff worth it had a go with an 225 audi tt on sat and pulled a touch on him a 125, was well happy:D

Audi TT 225 Quattro
i would'nt worry to much about the miles mate mine was on 85k and had no major problems...

Williams 2
jay s said:
had this done mate, 1st brought a s/h willy engine for £750 inc vat was going to get it rebuilt but nick said it did'nt need it so spent the money basicly sorting anything that needed doing, got a set of cams and pullies fitted then got it remapped (145bhp atw at the time), cost was £2700:eek: for everything but u must understand i had quite alot done, u could get it done for around £1200 ( just an eng fitted nothing changed ) but depends how much u pay for the 2.0l engine, nick charges £350 to swap the engines. deff worth it had a go with an 225 audi tt on sat and pulled a touch on him a 125, was well happy:D

Nice m8, can't b bad, if u kept up with a audi tt! At the mo my valver is only on about 52k and the bodywork is in good nic too. Just thinking really, if I want to keep the car for a while and mod it, i'd rather have a good base to work from with a 2.0ltr lump. I'm very tempted with Winstons engine, but know that if I went for the Hill Power conversion it is effectively a brand new engine with 0 miles on it. Saying this, If I put Winston's engine in, I could still do as u did, with cams,pulleys,re-map etc. Cheers for help so far m8:D

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
Mine has been rebuilt by nick with lightened/balanced flywheel....3500 bill for the previous owner..very good engine.

The engine's are strong if you look after them and let the warm up before you thrash them. I don't think I've heard of a single one on here going bang!

My valver lump is on 117k now and still pulls strong and smooth when it's looked after :) (neeeeeds the service it's getting this week! lol)

Audi TT 225 Quattro
MattyH16v said:
Nice m8, can't b bad, if u kept up with a audi tt! At the mo my valver is only on about 52k and the bodywork is in good nic too. Just thinking really, if I want to keep the car for a while and mod it, i'd rather have a good base to work from with a 2.0ltr lump. I'm very tempted with Winstons engine, but know that if I went for the Hill Power conversion it is effectively a brand new engine with 0 miles on it. Saying this, If I put Winston's engine in, I could still do as u did, with cams,pulleys,re-map etc. Cheers for help so far m8:D

you should change that to he just about kept with me, honest:eek: was well shocked... deff 2.0l it either new or secondhand engine, as said above give nick a ring and see what his got in.. the biggest difference u will notice with the 2.0l is topend perf just dose'nt stop pulling, also lose the kick u get with the 1.8. might also be worth trying to get a willy box aswell as im using the valver box and always go to change up gear in 5th thinking its in 3rd, needs the longer 5th as acc in 5th in the valver box fills stupid fast

Williams 2
jay s said:
you should change that to he just about kept with me, honest:eek: was well shocked... deff 2.0l it either new or secondhand engine, as said above give nick a ring and see what his got in.. the biggest difference u will notice with the 2.0l is topend perf just dose'nt stop pulling, also lose the kick u get with the 1.8. might also be worth trying to get a willy box aswell as im using the valver box and always go to change up gear in 5th thinking its in 3rd, needs the longer 5th as acc in 5th in the valver box fills stupid fast

Think Winston is including a willy box with the engine m8, so i would get everything done at the same time. So tempted to get the willy lump though.:D

MattyH16v said:
What millege has your Williams done m8?
103k I think give or take 1k. head work, cams, 4-2-1 manifold, remap, new cambelt last year (about 6k ago) new Renault clutch 3k ago, Williams box wide track coilover bucket seats, roll cage (not fully fitted) 4 pot Willwood brakes, new master cylinder.
Seems silly in my mind to go spend all that money on getting a 2.0 built up when you cna by mine for £3k and have more bits and pay a garage a few hundred to swop thengine suepsnion etc you could even do it yourself as its only bolt in no cams to fiddle with or mapping to be done.

Trophy
MattyH16v said:
mattbrown - cheers m8, sound well worth it. 3k is a lot of dosh though. Got the money, just debating what to do....with have to speak to Nick as u suggested. Would modded head, cams and chip b a good starting point? what kind of hp was ur car kicking out?

Got about 172bhp on Power Engineerings rollers and ran a 14.2 1/4 mile.

Mat.

clio 16v
you can get 2ltr engines cheaper than 750. i've just picked one up for 210 quid. ;o)
i will re-build it to be extra safe, but just got to keep your eyes open!

here or on williamsclio. thier pretty rare mate, easier to source the megane lump and use a valver head
matt, im have a lump built up for me at the moment with headwork and im being charghed 1200 all in (he supplied the engine) if you want the guys number/msn pm me, i think his busy over the next 2 weeks sorting mine out, his a good guy, he owns the naples red throttle bodied valver. based in wales worth the trip to save a few hundred though.

Williams 2
midge said:
here or on williamsclio. thier pretty rare mate, easier to source the megane lump and use a valver head
matt, im have a lump built up for me at the moment with headwork and im being charghed 1200 all in (he supplied the engine) if you want the guys number/msn pm me, i think his busy over the next 2 weeks sorting mine out, his a good guy, he owns the naples red throttle bodied valver. based in wales worth the trip to save a few hundred though.
Cheers bud. I'm going up to Winston's a week Saturday for him to fit the Willy 3 lump on 72k,willy gearbox,starter,ecu,p/s pump etc. Doing it all for £900 with my engine as p/x. Pretty good price imo. Can't wait! Long trip for me up to Manchester though:rolleyes:. Gotta work out how to get back...train probably. If I wanted to get the willy ecu chipped, who would people recommend, somebody said about a company called Chip Wizard.....

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I believe big hp's williams gained about 8-9bhp from a map at Chipwizards...162 to 170ish

Williams 2
Martin. said:
I believe big hp's williams gained about 8-9bhp from a map at Chipwizards...162 to 170ish
cheers bud....sounds worth doing then. Just depends insurance wise I suppose, do insurace companies muller u for that kind of increase in hp? Shan't declare engine change I don't think. May as well have it done while i'm up there!:D

williams and trophy
wouldnt bother declaring it tbh mate, spesh if u not gunna declare the engine either lol

wayne is def the man to map it tho.speaking from experience of both his and kill power chips

Williams 2
Just like to thank all the peeps who have given me help and advice. Winston's doing the conversion a week saturday. Having the following:

2ltr Willy 3 lump
William's gearbox,ecu,starter,p/s pump.
O.E airbox with ITG filter

Chipwizard re-map (hopefully)

Should notice quite a diffrence from current set-up.:D

Audi TT 225 Quattro
well done mate, will def notice the difference:D u got a very good price aswell, ask winston if he could run it over to chipwizards once his finished fitting it, don't wanna make 2 trips... had a think about cams? which manifold you going to use?

Williams 2
jay s said:
well done mate, will def notice the difference:D u got a very good price aswell, ask winston if he could run it over to chipwizards once his finished fitting it, don't wanna make 2 trips... had a think about cams? which manifold you going to use?

Yeh, well pleased with price m8. Good idea bout him taking it over to chipwizrd..i'll have to ask him. If i went myself, then i'd go there straight after I pick the car up, as I would not travel all that way again. I'm sticking with the valver manifold at the mo, as he had not got a willy one. Would it be worth getting a second hand supersprint?...which one u using m8? Who would u recommend for cams and whats kind of gains would I get, cheers, Matt:D

williams and trophy
if ur gettin cams id hold on for the re-map tbh

wait til uv got them fitted.

stay away from all kent cams products tho, tried and tested in the f7r.......and they fail.....a lot

2nd hand supersprint, or willy exhaust......both better than the valver manifold...which is quite frankly shite for mid range, top end performance...again tried and tested.

Trophy
2 live said:
wouldnt bother declaring it tbh mate, spesh if u not gunna declare the engine either lol

wayne is def the man to map it tho.speaking from experience of both his and kill power chips

When did you try one of his individual rolling road mapped chips?

Mat.

Williams 2
Freebone said:
am very jealous matty.....would like to do this one day...probably when i finish uni..will be coming to you for advice i think

Lol,well i've been thinking for a while what I want to do with the car as I was looking for a bit more power....considered getting a Willy as I have a bit of money saved up from my year out b4 uni, and have not used any of it to pay off my loan as it comes out of my earnings now. Don't really c the point with getting one at the mo as I have not got any ncb, so the insurance would be stupidly high. This is why I've gone for the conversion instead and won't declare it to the insurance company. Definately do it to urs when u finish uni....if u got any money left! lol.:D

williams and trophy
matbrown said:
When did you try one of his individual rolling road mapped chips?

Mat.

i havent...i had the kill power off the shelf chip in my willy 2...put my std willy 1 ecu in and that actually made it faster on my personall test track.

so that was sold soon after.lol.

martin has had both kill power and chip wizards re-maps, he says the chip wizards was better, and even had better results with it iirc.

but again the proof is in the pudding. ur red car, and mine, were in same spec....mine raped urs....kill powers best modded road car at mo is?? runs wot?? martins runs low 14s...stripped to fuk. mine same times...not stripped to fuk.

the tuner with the better ressults is chip wizards imo. oh and 2 live tuning lol ;)

M

Mark E-J

midge said:

would that be craig at ap developments? by any chance?

hes gonna be doing the work on mine I've bought his naples red valver and its back standard and is just as good engine wise as when it left the factory!

i love my car

Last edited by a moderator:
  Looking for a ph-quick...
I picked up my willy lump last night! :D Should be going in very soon! Where is chip wizards? I imagine they do off the shelf chips, the genereal concensous seems to be that they are better then Hill Power, which is suprising!
Hail the Willy!

Trophy
AmirClio said:
I picked up my willy lump last night! :D Should be going in very soon! Where is chip wizards? I imagine they do off the shelf chips, the genereal concensous seems to be that they are better then Hill Power, which is suprising!
Hail the Willy!

That depends on who you listen too!

Mat.