ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High Roller Steak Night Pt.2 - POSTPONED - NEW DATE BEING SORTED

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Hi all,

Date is up for discussion so feel free to throw some ideas out if you want to.

Basically, the last one worked so well, we're just going to duplicate it.

I will, as last time, stress this is NOT a cheap night, the meal is 100% a case of sit down, eat and drink as much as you want, then we split the bill. No messing around. So if you're pockets are tighter than a nun's :quiet: then I'd consider not attending.

It'll be a nice simple case of meet at Canary Wharf in AllBarOne/Slug and Lettuce (whichever is the least busy), then head over to Goodmans Steak Restaurant about 8-ish for some good damn steak, then back to the pub.

I'll need proper numbers by 1 week before, then I'll phone and book.

If this is too short notice, we'll re-arrange entirely, but let's see. (I just fancied steak TBH).

1) Rob
2) Tom (he can't resist)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Re: High Roller Steak Night Pt.2 - Thur 20th June

1) Rob
2) Tom (he can't resist)
3) Cookie
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

One of the few days this month I'm not out of the country, huzzah. Also, the 20th is payday for me.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Dont think I can make that date, could do the 17/18/24/25 though if those are acceptable to others?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Should be able to make it after all now.

1) Rob
2) Tom (he can't resist)
3) Cookie
4) Chip
5) Mike woodford
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

8 ish at goodmans. Drinks before and after. All in the first post mate :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

This still happening? the takeup seems a bit low compared to last time.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator

If it was moved, I would attend now that I am back in London, but its the first day of Le Mans, so I'll be in France I'm afraid :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Ah that is piss poor timing yeah!

Sort it out Rob!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Me and Mike should be able to do pretty much any Mon/Tue, no Wednesdays, and are a maybe for a Thursday depending on date.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
OK, well how about post CSS, I'll organise it for a Tuesday?

Tuesdays are the new Thursdays or so I've been told. (well they will be when I start hammering the peroni's)

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I will, as last time, stress this is NOT a cheap night, the meal is 100% a case of sit down, eat and drink as much as you want, then we split the bill. No messing around. So if you're pockets are tighter than a nun's :quiet: then I'd consider not attending.

This is why I won't be in attendance. My wallet has been well & truly emptied since the bairn's arrival so Oli, you'll have to nag elsewhere.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Tim it doesn't get silly expensive, it's just going somewhere like this with 10+ people and someone waffling on that they didn't order peppercorn sauce so want to pay £1.50 less makes me want to cut off my ears with a knife just so I can't hear them any more.

Last time we went out, all consumed fairly equally (apart from Charlie who had a burger (who the f**k has a burger)) and then just paid a split of the bill with no qualms, arguments, or even discussion.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Tim it doesn't get silly expensive, it's just going somewhere like this with 10+ people and someone waffling on that they didn't order peppercorn sauce so want to pay £1.50 less makes me want to cut off my ears with a knife just so I can't hear them any more.

Last time we went out, all consumed fairly equally (apart from Charlie who had a burger (who the f**k has a burger)) and then just paid a split of the bill with no qualms, arguments, or even discussion.

Last time I chucked charlie 20 quid IIRC towards his share cause me and Mike both had fillets which was the dearest meal anyone had and it felt a bit unfair him ending up quite so far out of pocket for just a burger.

Im sure if anyone has a greatly different meal to the others (ie orders a bottle of champers) they will put in a bit more etc.

None of us are there to take the mickey.

But yes its nice when there is no arguing over 2 quid here or there etc.