ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High pitch sound from engine starting cold

Clio 182 FF
Does anyone else get this when starting up their car for the first time when the engines cold? there will be a high pitch whining noise from the engine until it warms up then it goes away until the engines cold again and its started back up.

Does anybody know what this is?

Clio 182 FF
I had the aux belt, tensioners and the cambelt replaced at the beginning of feb but the it still did it before i had that done when i first bought the car i january.

I dont think the dephaser was replaced at the the same time but not sure if this needed to be done?

Mk5 golf gti
are you sure the aux belt was changed when you had the cam belt done
sounds stupid but just sometimes people presume it has when it hasnt
dont think dephaser will be your problem
more likeley aux belt

Clio 182 FF
Yeah! its exactly the same as the noise in the video . . . it will do it for a little bit when its first started and then it will get quieter and then stop altogether.

Not sure what it means though.

The aux belt was definately changed, the garage is right next door and they are pretty good so i know they wouldn't not do it.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
Yeah, I used to have a squeal when I started the car on cold mornings that went away when warmed up. It stopped when I had my cambelt and aux belt inc tensioners changed.

As said it's probably the aux belt.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They all sound broke/like bags of s**t when cold.

my aux belt was changed last month and it makes a similar noise to that last time i noticed it, just the noise they all make - nothing to worry about.