ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High mileage Trophy

Some of you may remember my original thread asking if I should buy a certain high mileage trophy that was used as a company car, long story short I did and got it at a good price ;).

Finally got her up and running so I thought I would post some pictures.

It's been serviced, front dampers refurbished, two new PE2's on the front, laser aligned and the handbrake is now working as it should.

Things left to do when the weather picks up a bit;
- Replacement steering is en route (thanks L3BTF)
- Repair gear gaitor as the plastic clip has broken
- Switch to variable wiper stalk (cheers James @ jms)
- Fit ecu bracket as mine has snapped (thanks Chrispy.clio)
- Find a splitter at a decent price
- Drive and enjoy

Anyway here she is in all of her 170k glory, excuse the rubbish pictures I am useless with anytype of camera, really should read the book;

Image0104.jpg

IMG_0041.JPG

IMG_0044.JPG

IMG_0046.JPG

IMG_0047.JPG

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0056.JPG

IMG_0058.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

Dampers before refurb
Image0096.jpg

Last edited:

_WILL_

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Looks really tidy, especially for 170k, +1 on how are the shocks?

If its been a company car and done that sort of mileage, then i am guessing it has had regular servicing and spent most of its life on a motorway? If so the engine should be fine still imo!!

enjoy it and forget about the mileage!

170k !! Wow ! Has any of the car seen new paint ? How much was it ? (if you don't mind me asking)

£1850, none at all, car has no swirl marks and has not been washed from talking to the previous driver :eek:

Looking good for that sort of mileage.

What are the shocks like after all those miles?

thanks, i've stuck a picture up of the shocks before refurb^, very good condition just the usual surface rust and a bit of paint flaked off of the springs, had them re-gased sealed and then all stripped back to bare metal and a few coats of hammerite.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Just read some of your original thread and 1850 is an absolute bargain! I would have snapped their hand off. As said company cars will most likely be treated to a FRSH and spend the majority of their life in 5th gear on the motorway.

Hope it serves you well!

Looks really tidy, especially for 170k, +1 on how are the shocks?

If its been a company car and done that sort of mileage, then i am guessing it has had regular servicing and spent most of its life on a motorway? If so the engine should be fine still imo!!

enjoy it and forget about the mileage!

it has had regular servicing and every stamp (and theres alot of them!) has been at the same Renault dealer in the midlands, belts changed at 70k and 130k and I will get them done again in the new year after I get crimbo out of the way.

yeah the guy did motorway mileage I think its a few hundred mile round trip, when I picked it up the trip computer said 38mpg with half a tank gone think iirc the range was 500 odd..

cheers for the comments, glad I made the right decision in the end!.

I cant edit the original post, was going to add that an exhaust is on the cards as its rusting.

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah, if its the standard exhaust it definatly would have had it by now! lol.
what a great buy tho!

A ANIMAL
£1850, none at all, car has no swirl marks and has not been washed from talking to the previous driver :eek:

thanks, i've stuck a picture up of the shocks before refurb^, very good condition just the usual surface rust and a bit of paint flaked off of the springs, had them re-gased sealed and then all stripped back to bare metal and a few coats of hammerite.

Re-gassed?? why gass?

I cant complain the exhaust is standard and its the original unit!, grabbing all of the paperwork as the company paid for all previous work and fuel.. think someone worked out on here roughly £25k worth of fuel has been put through it!!!!

I've had a few offers and will keep them all in mind! :)

02 172 pre ESP Monaco(13)
If it's the clip at the back of the gear gaitor next to the handbrake, when mine broke I just used a screw, put it into the plastic just below where the clip had broken off. Works briliantly and won't break, leaving £6 in your pocket.

Audi TT 3.2
absolutly awsome! such a bargin! and is looking good now mate!

as for a splitter if you dont want the bank breaking renault item then ive got and a few others on her a pug 307 splitter! and was only £30 from any pug dealer!

If it's the clip at the back of the gear gaitor next to the handbrake, when mine broke I just used a screw, put it into the plastic just below where the clip had broken off. Works briliantly and won't break, leaving £6 in your pocket.

you've got it in one bud, its currently wedged in there so it doesnt move, liking the screw idea cheers

absolutly awsome! such a bargin! and is looking good now mate!

as for a splitter if you dont want the bank breaking renault item then ive got and a few others on her a pug 307 splitter! and was only £30 from any pug dealer!

how much are they from the stealers £100+? might have to grab one from a 307 if its only £30!!

Audi TT 3.2
yeh think there over £100 from renault the carbon jobbie from k tec its around £100!

get down your local pug dealer, and its loads more flexible, so if you do hit a kurb it will just bend not snap!

sorted, i'll grab one at the weekend cheers bud!

how can Renault charge that much for a bit of plastic?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You can buy a megane phase two one from a renault dealer, looks identical to a cup one and costs £17!

We fitted onme to my mates a few weeks back.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You can buy a megane phase two one from a renault dealer, looks identical to a cup one and costs £17!

We fitted onme to my mates a few weeks back.

I've seen the meganes I just figured they would be the same price though

TTRS & V50
Quality, don't think i would have got it with that mileage on regardless of price, but fair play. Looks mint from the pics. 170k must be a CS record though.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Got a propped bargain there mate, I remember thinking at the time how good'er deal
it was, the fact it's not been washed it probably a massive blessing as a huge layer of dirt would have done he car more good than shells finest carwash!

Looking really good now and sounds like you've made good use of the parts section of the forum :)

MINI-R32-integrale
Car looks fantastic.

Did you get the front dampers rebuilt by Ben @ BG Motorsport Ltd Silverstone, the UK authorised ohlins & Sachs service centre?

I'm dropping mine off tomorrow for refurbishment, and getting the adjuster fitted on the remote reservoir so the compression is adjustable from softer than Renault specked to much stiffer, can't believe it's only an extra £25 per damper to have this done rather than leave it fixed rate as Renault did.

White ds3
170k omg ausum and to buy it for 1800 i wouldent even bother fully comp incurance just break it if you crash and get more back lol

Car looks fantastic.

Did you get the front dampers rebuilt by Ben @ BG Motorsport Ltd Silverstone, the UK authorised ohlins & Sachs service centre?

I'm dropping mine off tomorrow for refurbishment, and getting the adjuster fitted on the remote reservoir so the compression is adjustable from softer than Renault specked to much stiffer, can't believe it's only an extra £25 per damper to have this done rather than leave it fixed rate as Renault did.

I had them overhauled at a motorsport outfit in newbury for £196 all in, iirc the adjusters are held in with just a metal locking pin so you could remove this yourself? theres a guide on how to remove them on cliotrophy search for "Pin dampers removal questions"

cheers for the comments lads!

170k omg ausum and to buy it for 1800 i wouldent even bother fully comp incurance just break it if you crash and get more back lol

if I do bin it I would imagine i'd get the market value for it so hopefully more than what I originally paid, but I know what you mean ;)

@Alpine_motorsport cheers for the link to the splitter!