ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

High idle problem

I have go this problem in my valver where it always idles around 2k revs, it started about a week ago just as i came off the motorway, when when i got to my destination i opened the bonnet to find the induction kit off its mount, it had fallen off, now the car wont idle below 2k revs.

Does anyone know what could be wrong here?

Cheers.

Lee

BMW M2C
Mine does this too. Some days it's okay, others it idles over 2k. Today I turned the engine off in traffic, started it again and it was back down to just under 1k rpm.

I wondered if it might be a split hose or something induction related, but then I know f**k all about engines.:eek:

clio 16v
only know where the one on the GF mk1 Rt is, and yes WD40 does do the trick. applied about twice a month. hers used to hold the revs at 3k!!

Polo GTi
Lee said:
In really simple terms, preferably with pics :eek: where is it and would a bit of WD40 solve the problem?

Carb Cleaner would only a coupe of quid from Frauds, easy enough to do and im no mechanic.

Polo GTi
icv.jpg