ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hids

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
any one got these ???

my 172 has them and i cant see any more that a botu 6 meters in front of the car??? they seem a bit pants for such a populer light!:dapprove:

any one have a decent ansaw????

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
They dont throw much of a further beam then normal halogen lights.

But they do light up a wider area.

As vinny says if ur lowered u may need them adjusting.

172 cup'd extreme
turn them up and make them a little higher , ive gone from HID back to halogen and im much happier

I thought the same about the HIDs on my 172.

They're absolutely hopeless.

I moved a week after I bought the 172. It was terrible trying to find my way around at night in a city I was unfamiliar with because the sharp cutoff of the HIDs meant there was no illumination of street signs. Or of speed signs or even the reflectors on bicycles, etc, etc.

We have the fantastic road called the Great Ocean Road that winds it way below the cliffs and above the beaches. In the 172 at night it was like trying to drive it blind. I could see more from the lights of the vehicles behind me than I could from the 172's HID lights.

Its got absolutely hopeless lights. I've never owned a car with HIDs before, and didn't know whether it was that Renault had tried too hard to cut glare, and hadn't allowed to any illumination above the cutoff, or whether it was that the cutoff didn't kick up on the left so you could see roadside signs.

my 182 xenons are fine. dont shine as far in front as id like but thats so it doesnt dazzle every fucker. and thats what main beam is for.

but my old car that had normal halogen h4's with a HID conversion kit were ALOT brighter than the 182's that have hid's as standard, but behind a projector lens....

:approve: yer mine are the same guy behind a lens... mybe i sould just try moving both oth then my a few notches think they have been adjested wrong it is like driveing bind when theres not street lights and all the street lights go off at 11 round were i live!

thought id mention i adjusted them up slightly and they work fine!

gits at the garage abovously didnt test them properly! ;)#

ahh well cheers any how!