ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hiding info of a jpeg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I am emailing someone some photos, but i dont want the person receiving the email to be able to right click and find out where the jpeg was taken and what site. I have the permission of the right holder to use the jpegs.

Is there a way i can email the photo and either lock it or get rid of that info? I guess i could add the pics to a protected pdf maybe?

(its about 15-20 photos)

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
take a screen shot of the photo, then email that?

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Open photoshop, open a new file, open photo, drag photo into new file, save as whatever you want.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Cheers ill have a look at imgur, not keen on Fboom uploading.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
​looks good but how do i install use iT?
It's a command line utility... are you using Windows?

The easiest way is to create a directory, copy your jpg's into it and then copy the jhead.exe file in there as well. Then go to the Command Prompt and change to that directory. It's simply a case of doing something along the lines of:

Code:
jhead -purejpg *.jpg

More information here: http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/usage.html

If you're still looking for this, Right click the image where-ever its located and Goto properties, then select Details. should be a link underneath the details saying "Remove Properties and Personal Information" click it and remove the info you wish.

^ Windows 7 instructions should be similar for xp/vista etc... though.

Hold ctrl when selecting images to select more than 1 file and you can do it all at the same time too as you can remove multiple values this way as well.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
If you're still looking for this, Right click the image where-ever its located and Goto properties, then select Details. should be a link underneath the details saying "Remove Properties and Personal Information" click it and remove the info you wish.

^ Windows 7 instructions should be similar for xp/vista etc... though.

Hold ctrl when selecting images to select more than 1 file and you can do it all at the same time too as you can remove multiple values this way as well.

He's on OSX mate.