ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hidden secrets! Now what?...

LOTS!
Just got my new Clio on Friday and wanted to install my HU. On doing so, I found what looked like cables for an amplifier in the back of the old HU :S On tracing these back, I found them all terminating under the rear bench but the amplifier has been removed! :mad:

I also found nice infinity speakers in the front doors! :D

Just wondering if it's worth me putting an amp back in? I'm running a Kenwood KDC-W7044U HU. Worth putting an amp in?

ALSO, is it possible to put a slimline subwoofer under the front seats? I have 'mini' subwoofers in my MR2 (standard part of the system) and the sound is fantastic! Would love a similar subtle effect in the Clio.

Whats so bad about the amp being removed? Atleast you dont have to install the cables for the amp?

Amp em up!

if its all wired ready to the doors with the amp cable then get one,if not if you arent very techy then either give it to someone else or forget it.

plenty of room under the seat for an active sub

LOTS!
if its all wired ready to the doors with the amp cable then get one,if not if you arent very techy then either give it to someone else or forget it.

plenty of room under the seat for an active sub

Ah hello again bud! Yup it's already wired up... The only thing I don't understand is that I have a power cable coming off the battery, running into the bulkhead and I can't see where that ends up. Assumed that would run to the amp but I can't see it there.

All the speaker cables seem to be there though and a blue wire that was patched into the ISO block. Should maybe take a picture or two!

Ah hello again bud! Yup it's already wired up... The only thing I don't understand is that I have a power cable coming off the battery, running into the bulkhead and I can't see where that ends up. Assumed that would run to the amp but I can't see it there.

All the speaker cables seem to be there though and a blue wire that was patched into the ISO block. Should maybe take a picture or two!

indeed.png

Clio 172mk2
the blue wire will be remote switch on for the amp

Yer lucky all i got eft in mine was a few inch of red power cable from battery to where the inline fuse would have been. Renault dealer didnt remove it for me either just left it danglin in engine bay

LOTS!
the blue wire will be remote switch on for the amp

Yer lucky all i got eft in mine was a few inch of red power cable from battery to where the inline fuse would have been. Renault dealer didnt remove it for me either just left it danglin in engine bay

I found 20p under the seat too so I was f*cking made up!!! ;)

That makes sense on the blue wire then.

Perhaps the power cable on mine is only part there too... It's got an in-line fuse holder (no fuse in it) and then like I said, not sure where it goes from there.

Clio 172mk2
if hes jut takin the fuse out id suspect the cables still in there , just done it so it doesnt shortcircuit it if it touch`s metal on car, in theory it should run to where the rca`s lead to.

He may have tried takin it out n got half way n got bored. check down sides of seets behind the plastic see if its there , or behind the rear speakers, usually passenger side

Red Clio 197 F1
I've had a couple of hidden secrets in the cars I've bought over the years - but my 197 has yet to reveal any yet :-(

My Honda S2000 was a good one, I went into the boot and took out the polystyrene boxed tool kit and underneath there was about £20 in lose change ;-) I bought the car from a VW dealer so there was no way I was going to admit that.

My 172 before that was even funnier. I was a little annoyed to find the car had a really bad cassette player head unit, but then I was looking for sunglasses and then saw a CD changer under the seat!!

LOTS!
I've had a couple of hidden secrets in the cars I've bought over the years - but my 197 has yet to reveal any yet :-(

My Honda S2000 was a good one, I went into the boot and took out the polystyrene boxed tool kit and underneath there was about £20 in lose change ;-) I bought the car from a VW dealer so there was no way I was going to admit that.

My 172 before that was even funnier. I was a little annoyed to find the car had a really bad cassette player head unit, but then I was looking for sunglasses and then saw a CD changer under the seat!!

Ha ha - I sold my Skyline recently, had it for nearly 3yrs and the bloke who bought it off me found a bottle of japanese branded glass-cleaner in the boot! How had I missed that for 3yrs?!! :clown:

£20 - a result.

Cheers for replies everyone.

I must say the install all looks very tidy, I think a previous owner was either pretty good at it or took it to a pro. As I said, just need to root out the end of the power cable and that will make everything a lot clearer!

Recommendations on a half decent, preferably 2nd hand amp???