ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HID Help :)

197 cam'd ph2 berg
I'am intrested in fitting a HID kit to my 2002 1.2 dynamique and was unsure as to what I need to fit them obvisouly I need to by the kit but do I need to change my headlights to projector lights ? and would I only have low beam from then on or would I have both low and full ? I would be grateful for any help! :)

Thanks
Jake
:)

BMW
bedfordshire lad.. nice one

get the kit... make sure you get the right kit for your headlights ( if you dont change your lights you will need reflector ones)

you will have both high and low if you get the right set.. i think its H4 you are after...dont quote me on that... get onto hattonperformance.co.uk they should be able to help you on there

You need H7 fitment for your headlights, and they'll only be for the low beam. If you want HID high beams aswell you'll need a seperate H1 HID kit but it's unnecessary. Ideally you need projector headlights or you're going to blind everybody else on the road.

197 cam'd ph2 berg
Cheers ill give them a look thanks for the help :)
Where abouts in befordshire you located ?

Yeah. Only get HID's with Projector lights otherwise has said you will either cause an accident or the blues and twos will be pulling you over..

Stuiemc

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi RS3, Clio 172
Probably xenon bulbs. Reflector hids av black paint on the bottom of the bulb. But they still blind people!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
What is it that the Lagunas have then? are they HID on reflector lamps, or are they specially designed or summit?

The units are designed specifically for HID bulbs. Same on Accord Type-R's, Volvos etc. Loads more.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Been through this before. If you don't have projectors, or specifically designed reflector units, don't fit HID's. They spread glare like Kev182cup spreads the clap, they look shite, and you'll fail the MOT.