ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi!

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
Hello all,
I joined CS earlier this year after deciding that a Clio 182 was gonna be the replacement for my recently departed Golf R. (No it didn't get stolen, it lasted the full 24 months of the lease and my house only got broken into once!) I always regretted getting the Golf in black as it was an absolute dirt magnet and looked awful and boring 95% of the time so the colour of the Clio had to be something that stood out and looked good. A couple of weeks later I bought a FF RB 182 from a member on here and since then it's been pretty much faultless except for a couple of problems with the heater, it's not as rattly and uncomfortable as I expected it to be and it's good to have a car that makes a proper sound and that's fun to drive without completely smashing the speed limit when you put your foot down for 2 seconds!

Anyway here she is;
clioasda1.png

You can find me on the streets of Bradford leaving all manner of rented German fartboxes in the dust or occasionally around the Clio hotspots of Morley and Tingley.

Cheers!

Clio sport 172
Hello all,
I joined CS earlier this year after deciding that a Clio 182 was gonna be the replacement for my recently departed Golf R. (No it didn't get stolen, it lasted the full 24 months of the lease and my house only got broken into once!) I always regretted getting the Golf in black as it was an absolute dirt magnet and looked awful and boring 95% of the time so the colour of the Clio had to be something that stood out and looked good. A couple of weeks later I bought a FF RB 182 from a member on here and since then it's been pretty much faultless except for a couple of problems with the heater, it's not as rattly and uncomfortable as I expected it to be and it's good to have a car that makes a proper sound and that's fun to drive without completely smashing the speed limit when you put your foot down for 2 seconds!

Anyway here she is;
View attachment 1346499
You can find me on the streets of Bradford leaving all manner of rented German fartboxes in the dust or occasionally around the Clio hotspots of Morley and Tingley.

Cheers!

Nice one looks good mate will keep an eye out round morley and Tingley for you [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Good for you mate. My brother has a Golf R in a lovely blue (I'm gonna say Lapiz but with little confidence). Good looking car but a bit anonymous sometimes. At least they got quad exhausts! Capable and fast but I thought soulless and way too refined (although the ride was too firm, it was quiet.. all the time). Lovely car, any plans?

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
Good for you mate. My brother has a Golf R in a lovely blue (I'm gonna say Lapiz but with little confidence). Good looking car but a bit anonymous sometimes. At least they got quad exhausts! Capable and fast but I thought soulless and way too refined (although the ride was too firm, it was quiet.. all the time). Lovely car, any plans?
Yeah, Lapiz blue is a lovely colour if a little common. I feel like black hid a lot of the details of the front bumper so it looked even more anonymous which is not always a bad thing these days, especially when you live in a place like Bradford. The car was good, just a bit soulless as you said and traffic light GP's soon get boring as does expecting to get burgled or car jacked. Can't complain for £180 a month though! As for the Clio, it's already how I want it pretty much, just needs a wheel refurb and a couple of stone chips sorting out. :cool:

RB 182 Cup,E46 M3 CS
Yeah, Lapiz blue is a lovely colour if a little common. I feel like black hid a lot of the details of the front bumper so it looked even more anonymous which is not always a bad thing these days, especially when you live in a place like Bradford. The car was good, just a bit soulless as you said and traffic light GP's soon get boring as does expecting to get burgled or car jacked. Can't complain for £180 a month though! As for the Clio, it's already how I want it pretty much, just needs a wheel refurb and a couple of stone chips sorting out. :cool:

Yeah I see plenty in Lapiz and in White. The finance deals were cracking, fair play for taking advantage. I was tempted for a bit but after spending a lot of time in one as a passenger I decided it wasn't for me. It didn't seem particularly well built inside either, lots of switches broke.. 12 year old Clio in disguise??

Fair play, it's a tidy machine already. I'd be getting rid of the wind deflectors too, I'm really not a fan but to each their own :)

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
My lease R goes back in 3 weeks, so oil change/filter, engine treatment, front brakes, coolant, wheels n tyres all been sorted so Clio can last me over the winter until the next lease/purchase come along

The R will certainly be missed as it gets the looks and has the power, but Clio will come to the rescue...

Love the Clio :)

As an ex-RB owner working in Tingley I'm obviously a little biased, but I think it looks great.
Interesting contrast to a Golf R as well I'd have thought. :)