ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi

Clio 220 Trophy
Hi all,
Would just like to say hi to everyone on the forum. I have just joined this forum.
I currently own a clio 182 cup in inferno orange :) and been a proud owner of this car for the past year.
First of all would like to ask if anyone has the same model as mine?

Secondly and the best bit is can anyone advise on any nice subtle modifications to begin with? After owning this car for over a year i have now decided to change a few things. So can anyone give me some advice on where to start?
Thanks
Jon

182 Turbo Project
Welcome mate.

Pictures of the car etc?

What plans have you got in mind?

A lot of people go for exhaust, panel filter, rs tuner.

Or you could be a bit more hardcore and look into ITB's or forced induction :evil:

Z4 Coupe
Welcome, All depends how subtle your talking. Subtle as in clear side repeaters and silvison bulbs, or subtle meaning new exhaust and coilovers?

Need pics really mate.

Clio 220 Trophy
Cheers Guys,
Well i think im looking to lower the car but is it worth it on the cup chassis? And how much do u think 30mm or more?
A scorpion rs192 exhaust system is on the cards unless someone can suggest better?

Yeah ill get the picks up tomorrow :)

182 Turbo Project
If it was me starting again, I wouldn't bother with coilovers.

Eibach springs, Whiteline ARB, Exhaust.

Job done.

Z4 Coupe
Sounds like very good advice to me. Ive done exhaust, sportlines and am currently im the market for an ARB. oh and fitted some 2118's ;)

Clio 220 Trophy
How much shall i lower it by 30mm with 25mm track spacers would that suit? Or would i have problems?

Does that yozza sound too loud? i heard it was on the noisy side?

182 Turbo Project
I believe the Eibach kit lowers it 30-35mm. Either the Sportline or Proline kit, can't remember which one it is now.

The Yozza is fairly loud, but not so bad that you wouldn't be able to stand it.

I have got the KTR/Janspeed Super Sport exhaust on mine. This particular exhaust has no centre section and has quite a nice burble!

Plus, I believe it's the cheapest system for the 182 I believe!

Clio 220 Trophy
Awsome! The eibach sounds like the first change then. :)

One question tho under my impression the cup chassis is lower than the original 182 without the cup chassis? so if i change the springs will it actually change the height of the car if it is already lower than the standard 182?

182 Turbo Project
Yes, it will change the height of the car.

It will be 30 - 35mm lower than what it is currently sitting at.