ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi there!

Clio Initiale 2005
So I have been registered to the forum for a few days now but thought I'd make this little post now saying hi! I've only just started getting into working on my clio which I've had almost 2 years now (Initiale 1.6 2005). Before I had an older ph1 1.6 but that died within a few months haha :(.

So I've bought a bunch of tools so I can get started, and so far I've changed the anti-roll bar drop links as one had sheared off. Simple enough job, however little bit of a pain in the backside getting the sheared one off, had to hacksaw it.

But today I worked on the brakes as they were being a bit funny, was going to change the pads and found that the muppet who mot'd it last year had put a bolt in the place of a slider pin that had broke!
image_zps5d9240ed.jpg

No wonder my brakes were being funny. Anyway so I got some need slider pins, then cleaned the brakes best I could, and lubed my pins up with some silicone as I heard copper grease was baaad.
image_zps65c0b200.jpg

so got it all back together and put my new pads in with some copper grease on the corners, Larry dar... I did manage to tighten up one of the slider pin bolts too hard and it may have broke haha. Luckily I had a spare set of slider pins!
image_zps0d834296.jpg

image_zpsf33fb8de.jpg

I don't think ill use a torque wrench to tighten that bolt again (don't know why it didn't click only set to 30 lbft), think I'll go with the 'tight enough' rule hehe :).

So yea this was my second proper job since I normally just mess around with stereos and stuff, so I'm quite proud of it. Just one thing, the brakes feel a bit spongey still, I guess the lines need bleeding? Don't get me wrong though they're a huge improvement!

Also thinking of painting the calipers some time soon, I'm thinking of using a steam cleaner to clean them up first if that's a good idea?

Thanks guys (and gals)! Rob.