ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi Spec brake kit

White 172 ITB's
even if i'm looking to do a lot of track days?

I need to replace both the front calipers and these came along.

Cheers

I bought them new, £700.

I dont think they are really, depends how many your going to do though, But a good set of discs and pads are better value.

Put it this way, new discs for HiSpec are £200 each for the front (If you want the two piece, 1 piece are around £180)

White 172 ITB's
I bought them new, £700.

I dont think they are really, depends how many your going to do though, But a good set of discs and pads are better value.

Put it this way, new discs for HiSpec are £200 each for the front (If you want the two piece, 1 piece are around £180)

Christ, i didn't think they where that expensive.

I've also seen the Wilwood kit Jamsport and K-tec offer. At least with the k-tec kit i could keep the standard size disks.

I've just replaced my discs so they are fine, just looking to replace the calipers. Might see how much it would cost just for Wilwood calipers compared to Renault.

Cheers

Ktec prices, and these are cheaper than HiSpec directly aswell.

Pads arent bad though, £75 for carbon lorraine, but they have eaten my discs, so i now need new ones.

300mm 1 piece discs are going to be £176.41 (inc VAT)

300mm 2 piece discs are £185.84 (inc VAT)

White 172 ITB's
Ktec prices, and these are cheaper than HiSpec directly aswell.

Pads arent bad though, £75 for carbon lorraine, but they have eaten my discs, so i now need new ones.

But if i get wilwood i could keep the stand size disc and i think you can get brembo hc for £70 ish?

White 172 ITB's
Which option would be best tho wilwood or hi spec (can you get hi spec calipers for that standard discs?)

i have hi spec 4 pots on my clio with 325mm discs , agree with above , discs are expensive at nearly £200 each , and unless you do a lot of track days they are pointless