ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi people, Im new here

An orange one

hi, my names Colin,

in the next month or 2 im going to be looking for a clio 172 when my saxo finally sells...so thought id check out this site!

any tips for a newbie? also..is there a club insurance scheme? im 20 in april, and cheapest quote i can get on a 172 is with elephant, £2504, strangely enough, a 182 was £2260 which seems odd..

Ziel Nurburgring

Welcome to the club. No group insurance :mad:

Try direct line, tesco or have a look in the interior forum as there is an insurance sticky with a list of people to try.

How much you got to spend on the car? 7K should get you a ph2 172, with average miles. Might not have the full set of toys the later and slightly more expensive 172 will have.

They are very cheap to run compared to Scooby etc and should return 30-40mpg depending how hard you push it.

Look out for the 4k rattle from the cat, that the engine mount mod has been done and there is no un even wear on the tyres. Otherwise that about it.

An orange one

thanks mate, defo has to be a mk2, was gonna go for a cup, yet again the insurance was cheaper..odd..but then decided that after the saxo i wanted leather n air con n all the toys...hope to be looking at one about the £7-8k mark, and hopefully 52 reg or newer!

heres a pic of my pride n joy saxo...

URL]

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by blink172 on 21 March 2005
Welcome to the club. No group insurance :mad:

HIC Insurance
Discount: 10%
Contact Name: Phil
Address: N/A
Tel: 01279 719932
Web: N/A
Email: N/A
Notes: HIC will provide Cliosport competitive discounts for car insurance.

An orange one

glad you like the saxo :) its my 1st car and ive sunken £20k into her over 3 years, 2 mag features including cover car, but now it has to go, my need for speed and something useable means im after a clio,

badinvincible...can you help me out finding a 172?!

ex Clio 172 owner :(

Welcome mate.

Saxos, yep very nice cars but Clios are just that bit all round better.

Im getting a 172 this year. Being 29 with 6yr ncb helps me considerably though.

Vee dub

Hi Colin

Actually like the looks of that saxo, nice one.

Any plans to mod the 172 when she arrives or keeping it standard?

Oh, ad when your choosing a 172, go for Monaco Blue.. Best colour..EVER! :cool:

Cheers

Tom

An orange one

hi tom, wont be seriously modifiying it, but im keeping my install out of the saxo, 2 alpine amps and 12" sub, pioneer components and kenwood 7" motorised screen and ps2, so that will be going in. then just tints to finish it off...id like silver or flame red, is it true that speedline turinis in 17" were a dealer option? and can you tell me the best ind. kit for power gains? BMC?

cheers

Vee dub

Quote: Originally posted by ColinG on 21 March 2005

hi tom, wont be seriously modifiying it, but im keeping my install out of the saxo, 2 alpine amps and 12" sub, pioneer components and kenwood 7" motorised screen and ps2, so that will be going in. then just tints to finish it off...id like silver or flame red, is it true that speedline turinis in 17" were a dealer option? and can you tell me the best ind. kit for power gains? BMC?

cheers

The speedline Turinis were standard on the 172 Cup in 16inch

You can get them from Renault in 16s but i think you will have to go elsewhere for the 17inch size. They sell them on the k-tec site if you do a search.

Sweet rims and look brilliant on the 172.

Hope that helps mate

Tom

C4 Grand Picasso

Welcome mate, has anyone tried Asda for insurance? A mate tried them and got quoted £50 cheaper than Tesco (on an Almera though :sick:)

hey colin. im with churchill and they beat the cheapest quote on confused by £200. dunno how modifications go down with them thou.

dan

Quote: Originally posted by ColinG on 21 March 2005

glad you like the saxo :) its my 1st car and ive sunken £20k into her over 3 years, 2 mag features including cover car, but now it has to go, my need for speed and something useable means im after a clio,

badinvincible...can you help me out finding a 172?!
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=117418&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=1http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=16&TopicID=117418&PagePosition=1&ThreadPage=1

Based in Scotland too.

RB182cup&golf gti

If i had a totally bespoke car like that id never be able to go anywhere in it for fear of it being pranged or even stolen, nice motor though!

130i, 306 hdi, vrs

i took my sounds out of my old car with the intention of putting them in my 172, but my amp and sub are still gathering dust, it hasnt even crossed my mind yet as i love the sound of the engine on full chat

An orange one

looking for about 5800 for the saxo, interior is corbeau recliners and everything trimmed in black leather and blue alcontara

bargain at 5800 me thinks