ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi, newbie here!

Ford Puma 1.7
Hi, all!
Looking at buying a Clio (possibly cup) in the not-too-distant future.
Hoping for lots of helpful advice with this sort of stuff. Looking at modifying it, too. Hoping for 200bhp by the end of it :)

Done the Saxo (vts) thing already, had great fun with that, but please don't disregard me as being a chav. Enthusiast, not chav. :p

Can't wait to get started, so, hi!

Stripped yozza'd cup
Didn't fancy putting this in the 'new to cliosport' section? Lol.

Welcome mate. I take it you mean a 172 cup? Being as that's the only proper cup. *dons the protective helmet and jacket* ;)

Plenty of advice on here matey, certainly helped me to buy mine!

Ford Puma 1.7
Well, someone's got to be different (or stupid) right?
Yeah, either 172 or 182, not entirely sure of all the differences between the cup/non-cup models yet.
I am thinking of doing some track days soon, though :)

Westy. MX5
The 172 Cup has less gizmos than the normal 172's, only come in Mondial blue and a few silver ones were made. Cup suspension is slightly stiffer and lower. Interior wise only 4 seatbelts, cloth upholstery, no a/c until the last few were made and then it was an option. The tell tale sign of a Cup is the doorshut oval sticker should have SPL printed on it along with other numbers.. 172 Cups can cost between £1k and £4k depending on condition. Tuning to 200 brake will cost you another £2k. expensive,yes but in standard form they are fun trackers as they are.
Someone else with a 182 can advise you on what to look out for. Hope find a good 'un.