ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hi new this club and enjoying it so far!

172 cup
Hello all, im a avid motor enthusiast and have loved clio sports ever since i was old enough to insure one, just never got round to saving up the pounds to buy one, then stumbled across one on ebay and thought id better try my luck, he wanted 2800 for the car, 81,000 miles full renault service history, very very clean inside and out, so i chucked a offer in at 2200 and his words were come and have a look and if ur impressed we shall talk money, soo thats what i did, got there was very impressed and couldnt realy knock him down to much, so i ended up paying 2340 for her! not bad, got the car home and 1st thing 1st i got all the cleaning stuff out, zymol body shampoo in a bucket and wacked a mitt on, dried the car off and got the clay bars out and was impressed with the paintwork lol, put through a car wash the whole of its life by the looks of things!!

took the car for a spin the following morning, bit damp, crap tyres, turned my frown upside down!
so i decided the cars going to need tyres and maybe a few bit painted, so made a few phone calls and sent it in for some work, got the car back and heard a nice rattle from the engine, got a lad round said its the dephaser pulley shot! sooo ordered up cambelt kit dephaser water pump and aux belt and had all that fitted! not impressed with the money the clio owes me already!!

got some tr1s fitted, got the wheels refurbed, few panels painted and im sure you will all agree she looks in bloody good nick!!

im going to enjoy the cup now for 6-8 weeks standard, and then the plans are new suspension(coilovers) just have to get right into my research and see whats best, and what people recomend, and then im going to be looking at polybushing and uprating disc and pads ( brembo hc and frodo pads) and see how she feels from there, and then i think im going to want power gain from then on!! soo will try and keep u guys updated!! and the advice is top notch on here, and looks like near enough every question is answered so top job boys, and enjoy ur cars! thanks lee clio fdsgfdgdfg4.jpgclio fdsfsdfsd.jpgclio 172 fduifdsihu88.jpg

Nice looking car that mate! First picture is a good shot. And you've definatley joined the right website, you'll get so many ideas, tips and help off of here. Worth the £12 to become a member! Also alot of stuff comes up in the sale section so you'll get some bargains too :)
Ollie

172 cup
Quick update!! give the car a good clean on friday, for castlecoombe saturday (forge action day) and just did a cheeky dewiper jobby.
i also booked track time at 4.15 and 4.30, only to find out at 3ish that i was going to have no chance of getting on, so went to the paddock and got my money back :( gutted!! as i type im about to win a set of ktec coilies on ebay haha,

during the week, ive had the wheels refurbed in oem alloy colour ( going for the standard stunning example) as i said did the de wiper on friday and had a set of t1rs fitted for the bargain price of 64 quid a tyre!! ;)

hopefully coilies, brembo hc and ferrodo pads and ktec solid engine mounts will be purchased this time next week!!
il keep pics and posts up just havent had chance to work on the old dog this week :) all in good time tho!!

785.jpg757.jpg

172 cup
6d13deb6.jpgthe standard renault light lol i got abit crazy with a machine polisher and a couple of different compounds and ended up with this!! pretty please if im honest ( 2hours on each light)

172 cup
Then i bought a standard backbox from renault and replaced the stupid jans speed one that was on the back, sounded like it was under water!! whilst the car was at my mates garage, we got hold of a dephaser puller, and a full gates cambelt kit and aux belt and water pump!! so that was taken care of, and a loverly 5.0 litres of miller oil ;)e7225f8c.jpg6dcaf52c.jpg