ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HI I'M A NEW MEMBER NEEDING HELP PLEASE

renault clio
hello there guys i am new to the forum and need help/ideas. I have a renault clio 1.2 dynamique 51 plate in silver and was wondering what mods i can do to the car to make look and sound nicer. For example, engine? bodykit? styling? any help would be much appriciated.

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Firstly welcome, secondly NO NEED TO WRITE IN CAPITALS. Good mods are 172 door strips, bullets, grill, coilovers, oz f1 alloys. Job done.

renault clio
sorry i didnt know i was writing in capitals, and thanks for the link, up to now i have tinted back lights and done the front lights and just baught 17" wolfrace alloys which are black and red. what engine mods could i do?

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Dont worry about engine mods just use the money to for coilovers, gril l,l like i said. 1.2's dont realy respond to engine mods and you will be paying through the nose on insurance for something that doesnt realy make any improvments on performance.
If i were you loose the 17" use the money to get some nice 182 or 172 alloys and keep it simple, but at the end of the day its your car and ultimately your choice.

renault clio
okay cheers for that mate, and i will definitely get the gril, the only reason i got the 17" because i was going to spray my callipers red and my badges and the dash trim red also, then i was going to carbon some of the plastics and get a carbon splitter, and i have a question, on my front headlights they are dirty but looks like its inside? lika a layer of whitestuff and they just look horrible, any advise on how to clean tyhem so they are like new?

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Not sure what you mean by white stuff but clio headlights can get pitted and scrathed over time by stones and such, which can caused the lens to go yellow ish in colour like mine has on a ph1. Just use some fine grit paper wet and dry and rub down the lens and polish up with some good polisher. Here is a link that makes it all clear (not made by me)
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?500782-Headlight-correction-done-using-everyday-tools.-very-detailed-%28lots-of-pictures%29.&highlight=lights

renault clio
yeah its like a yellow type and makes my lights look horrible and it wont let me go on that link. also i was wondering would a 2.0 litre engine fit in my car because my mate said he would sell his because his care is broke? and would you recomend carbon fibre?

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
To much hassle getting that swapped over, just use that as a daily and save up for a sport. Carbon fibre is always a win if used right.

renault clio
Thankyou for youre help mate, now will look for gril and coilovers and also door strips, if you know anywhere that sells them or links would be great :)

Liquid Yellow R27
- LED Side Lights
- LED Interior Lights (Main interior lights, glove box light, light in the boot, etc)
- Silvatec Indicator Bulbs
- Wrap / Paint Interior Dashboard Strips
- Colour code side-strips and bumper strips (If not done already)
- Clio Sport Sticker / Tax Disc Holder
- Clio Sport Membership ;)

As G2 NYX said, get some pictures up and everyone will advice you more based on how it already looks :)

renault clio
cheers guys and i will take some pics, and side lights are on there way ;) and cs police? and does clio sport membership cost?

Liquid Yellow R27
cheers guys and i will take some pics, and side lights are on there way ;) and cs police? and does clio sport membership cost?

Good call on the side lights. Yeah membership costs, but it's cheap and really beneficial. You also get a welcome pack with a Clio Sport sticker, keyring, tax disc holder and membership card.

renault clio
chhers mate member ship will be baught next week and any other advise? my only problem is my lights are hrrible like yellow inside :(

Liquid Yellow R27
chhers mate member ship will be baught next week and any other advise? my only problem is my lights are hrrible like yellow inside :(

Yeah you need to get some new bulbs mate. Depends on your budget, but might be worth buying some xenon headlights and fitting some HID's with LED side lights and LED fog lights.

renault clio
thats exactly what i have already done pal ;) any more advise? and how do i get rid of dirt?yellow stuff on my lights they look horrible on the plastic lens

Clio 182
Hi guys,

I see a few of you have mentioned LED bulbs/ Silvatec Bulbs. Which style or number bulbs are needed for interior,glove box,boot to replace with the LED bright white style?

I have taken a couple of the bulbs out but cant find a replacement.

Thanks