ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi guys, new member

Clio 172 cup
Hi guys,
I've just joined and I'm looking to get a clio to use as a track day car. I'm not new to track days and I've got a kitcar but it's not practical in the winter and the rain so wanted something fun which I could use all year round.

I was also looking into racing it at some point but at first I was just going to do some track days.

I was thinking if I buy a standard clio 182 then I can add the extras (cage etc) slowly to make it more affordable and see how it goes. Any useful info you guys have would be appreciated.

Anyway I'm in Polegate, East sussex if anyone else is around that area.

Here's a pic of my kitcar. It's got a ZX12r engine in it and took me 18months to build :)

kitcarweb.jpg

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
Welcome aboard!
There's loads of knowledgeable people on here who will be more than willing to help out.

Is the kwaka engine N/A?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Welcome to ClioSport Stu, that kit car looks fun [emoji2]

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Welcome along, liking your kit car :up:

Plenty of great info on here about track day prepared cars and getting into racing. They sometimes come up for sale which may be more cost effective but by looks of kit car presuming you enjoy building the cars yourself

Bit of info here http://www.cliosport.net/threads/getting-ready-to-race.757035/ and look through the project sections as @sonny172cup and @Tony Hunter aswel as others have build threads of their race cars for some ideas