ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi from Cambridge

172 Cup
Hi all,

Just got a 172 cup :)

Great little car I hope, just got 4 new tyres, exhaust hanger (stopped rattle at motorway speeds)
And just ordered some rear discs and pads to follow guide on here.

Are there are fair bit of movement on these engines? Or is it likely my engine mount is worn?

If so which is most likely? I'm guessing lower ones :)

Cheers dean

172 cup
Welcome mate,

another local fellow cupper. Hope to see you at a meet soon.

The engine shouldn't move much at all. Its probably the lower engine mount, do you get any knocking when the engine is put under load?

172 Cup
No real knocking under load, just the vibration noise which I'm guessing is the exhaust shield rattle I read up about.

Can move engine a good bit by hand (front to back), may as well replace bottoms I'm thinking as quite cheap for those.

When idling though, there is a rock / slight knock feel that happens every 1-2 seconds consistently (hot or cold), goes when I'm driving though and doesnt seem to effect power.

Sorry to ask loads about that, its just bugging me and I want to get it back to newish so I can learn this little beast.

Hope to get to a meet, as there are some lovely ones on here :)