ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi everyone :)

clio 182
Hi im new to all this so please forgive me if i annoy any one

Basically i brought a clio 182 2 weeks ago with 68k on the clock with F.S.H all belts were done at 50k i have a receipt to prove all the work done but after a only a week of owning the car the dephaser pulley started to make a noise (i have looked at threads on here but they dont really give me piece of mind so i was wondering does it need changing straight away, am i losing any power, can it cause my engine any harm and i am planning on doing a 500 mile trip should i get it changed before i go on this trip any info would be really appreciated

lo77g.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Hi Jimjamjaroo,

I'm not the most mechanically minded but I'm sure someone will be along soon with some advice.

And welcome:D

Seat Ibiza
Stick a new thread the right section and you'll get some better answers than a hello! Haha, but Hello!

Welcome, that looks extremely low on the back. I'm assuming there was something heavy in the boot?

I'm no expert but from what I understand a dephaser is unlikely to ever fail your engine, it will just get louder and louder to the point you can't bare it and change it anyway. If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me.