ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hi All! I have just bought a 197

RB R27
Awesome car, ur pics are pretty awesome as well. Oh, and those plates look sweet! lol. U need to get urself a cup spoiler, I think it completes the car...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent. Mines Albi, but no cup chassis. Painted the calipers Red, and got Black Gloss wheels. The colour is awesome under lights, filled mine up the other night, walking back to it under the forecourt lighting, looked bloody awesome!!!! (mines lowered on H&R coilovers also) Good times! If this was 6 months ago, there would have been one page max...... they are turning to the 197's slowly ;)

a thirsty one
hi mate, nice to see you on here as well. car looks awsome and lke the cf plates.

kind of following each other around, pgac, p-o-t and cs.

lol, hello mate. yeah, one big inbred family of car fans hey!

s**t myself tonight driving it. VERY loud beep, it was only the petrol warning light. range computer said 30miles left but filled up anyway. Cost me £52 in BP ultimate lol.

Still love the car. Another slight chav mod ordered today. Silvatech bulbs. Always thought they were a bit barryboy but actually, the orange oe bulbs are quite noticeable in the front and rear clusters, so will get rid.

As for the spoiler, not that much of a fan really. On the white ones it looks sweet, but not so sure on a lux model. front splitter will go on though. Streamline are making a carbon version and a carbon diffuser so will get both i think. Then i reckon i will do my IAM test, and have some track coaching.

Still get a little nervous putting my foot down as it just takes off at about 5k!

lol, hello mate. yeah, one big inbred family of car fans hey!

s**t myself tonight driving it. VERY loud beep, it was only the petrol warning light. range computer said 30miles left but filled up anyway. Cost me £52 in BP ultimate lol.

Still love the car. Another slight chav mod ordered today. Silvatech bulbs. Always thought they were a bit barryboy but actually, the orange oe bulbs are quite noticeable in the front and rear clusters, so will get rid.

As for the spoiler, not that much of a fan really. On the white ones it looks sweet, but not so sure on a lux model. front splitter will go on though. Streamline are making a carbon version and a carbon diffuser so will get both i think. Then i reckon i will do my IAM test, and have some track coaching.

Still get a little nervous putting my foot down as it just takes off at about 5k!

LOL you got that aswell! only ever had it happen once to me and i ended up driving on the other side of the road because the beep was so loud!
thought there was something wrong

just thought i would update this.

owned the car a few months. not done anything major to it (yet) but have done a few tweeks. fitted silvatec bulbs all round, got some carbon number plates from streamline, and as i have just posted here:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5106822#post5106822

just ordered a carbon fibre diffuser. will be first one made, and should be great.

after that, i am tempted by a pair of pole positions and a roll cage, but will see :D

Was a 197
i pick mine up, same spec but 09 tomorrow, cant wait, might have to come to some of them meets MeganeChick mentioned!!! i'll be getting pics up tomoz n all!!!

How much lighter are the carbon fibre number plates compared to normal ones

Best colour for in 197 IMO

TrackCar & F30 330d
project was a 106 with 16v engine. had bought cage, kevlar seats, rally spec coilovers and beam, big brakes, etc etc etc. Would have been great but not as fast or comfortable as this.

No coillies just yet. The cup suspension is sooooooooooooo good i cant see how an aftermarket setup could be better at present :D

going to spend my money learning to drive it. IAM test then track coaching :D

Sweet car mate, really like the colours.

I passed my IAM test at the age of 19 :)

Would recomend it to everyone who thinks thay are good drivers.

182 Trophy
nice car mate, you aint on eu mania forum are you
im sure iv seen your car on there

cheers guys.

not on eu mania. at present though my car is fairly standard so a few like it. carbon bits should help, then i am ordering some new wheels, tyres, clio cup towing eye and possibly recaros and roll cage.

carbon plates weigh next to nothing, and are dead bendy. not that normal plates are exactly heavy lol

Golf R soon...
Just seen this thread!

Very nice car indeed, love that blue on the 197 (Don't know the name!)