ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hey im new!

mk1 RSi
Hello all! Just bought my first car last night, got a mk1 clio 1.4 rt, shes a little beauty. Been driving my mums ford ka since november which was dissapointing to say the least. Looking to get some alloys for it in the next few weeks any suggestions? And what size wheel could i fit if i was planning to lower it 40mm aswell? Im new to clios so any suggestions would be great. ta :D

mk1 RSi
taylor said:
hey n welcome to the site, get some pics of the little one up then :p
Thanks :D I put the deposit down last night, picking it up at 8.30 tonight, i'll take some pics of the ol' girl. Even tho shes only got steelies on it atm :( Its the metalic dark grey colour, spotless all over :D

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
hello matey, i have a mk1 RT... you will love it.

mines lowered 60mm on apex, with black renny 5GT wheels, smoked repeaters and tommorow will be picking up my magnex zaust and 16v polished steering wheel!

theyre great cars, very nippy for what they are!

Mk2 Dci 80 & Mk1 1.4RT
Welcome mate i joined last week when i bought myself a mk1 RT in the same colour, only problem is i havnt been able to pick it up yet!!!
It has dark grey alloys on it and they look really good

mk1 RSi
Nice, Sambo what size are those rims, an do they rub? Looking forward to having a drive of it tonight, cant get insured on it until my 18th tho :( so its going in the garage till the 29th Aug. Give me a bit of time to have a fiddle with it tho. Im used to working on fords and it just clicked today isnt it really hard to work on the mk1's under the bonnet unless you actually take it off? Anyone got any suggestions for alloys?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
Hiya BLitzRT, welcome to CS. :D

I don't know if you intend to get new alloys or if you wish to buy second hand, but here is a site you can browse through to give you some ideas as to what may look nice on your new baby.

Happy hunting. ;)

http://www.potn.com

Debz XXXxxx

mk1 RSi
DynamiqueDebz said:
Hiya BLitzRT, welcome to CS. :D

I don't know if you intend to get new alloys or if you wish to buy second hand, but here is a site you can browse through to give you some ideas as to what may look nice on your new baby.

Happy hunting. ;)

http://www.potn.com

Debz XXXxxx

Hey, ta for that, the sites pretty good given me a few ideas of how to drain my bank balance ;)

Welcome mate, i had a 1.4 RT in that same colour.. had it on 15s, tints, exhaust, and lowered 60mm at front, 80mm at back... loved it!!

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
BLitzRT said:
Nice, Sambo what size are those rims, an do they rub? Looking forward to having a drive of it tonight, cant get insured on it until my 18th tho :( so its going in the garage till the 29th Aug. Give me a bit of time to have a fiddle with it tho. Im used to working on fords and it just clicked today isnt it really hard to work on the mk1's under the bonnet unless you actually take it off? Anyone got any suggestions for alloys?

they are 13's mate, hence no rubbing!

small wheels - lots of fun!

keep small rims, much better matey!

Chocolate Bar™
SamboRT said:
small wheels - lots of fun!

keep small rims, much better matey!

its the future ive seen it :D getting tired of seeing 4x4 clios round my way on monstrous alloys

mk1 RSi
Thanks for the comments guys and girls. I picked her up tonight shes a beauty. to be honest i really didnt have a clue what to expect performance wise as this is the first clio ive drove. i had it sat on my drive most of the night as im not ment to be driving it until i get insured on my 18th. But i couldnt resist it, took it out and showed a few mates they all love it. I went down the bypass with my mate whos got a 106 1.4 xs to see what it goes like. Couldnt believe it obliterated it. Only downside i can point out at the moment is the brakes, as i was used to driving an X plate Ford Ka (Unfortunatly) which has nippy responsive brakes, brakeing from 100mph in the RT was a bit dissapointing. Any suggestions on a brake upgrade? without spending rediculous amounts. I'll take some pics of her tommorow and post them up.

Jack

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
Welcome To ClioSport dude, I own a Mk1 Phase 1 1.4RT, I've found 16's are usually best, if you want that bit extra then go 17's but no bigger! Mine's been lowered 80mm too!

Clio Mk1 1.4RT
BLitzRT said:
Any suggestions on a brake upgrade? without spending rediculous amounts

I've had 16v vented discs put on the front and a 5GTT rear beam fitted with it's discs and calipers, combined with Goodridge braided front and rear hoses and it does stop!

mk1 RSi
Tarmac Terrorist said:
Welcome To ClioSport dude, I own a Mk1 Phase 1 1.4RT, I've found 16's are usually best, if you want that bit extra then go 17's but no bigger! Mine's been lowered 80mm too!

Got any pics of your motor?