ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

hey everyone

172 sport
hey guys ive been looking over your website with interest over the last month so i've decided to purchase either a 172 in aliminium or my wife is wanting a 182 its caused many dis-agreements in the house lol gotta say this website is very informal and has given me a lot of food for thought :p

172 sport
cheers mate ive test driven a few sports just deciding on what i wanna get now what you driving yourself and any mods

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Cross Hands, you?
Only a baby 1.2 mk3 facelift (insurance is crazy!) but i managed to keep up with a 182 at yesterdays meet but that may just be my driving ;)

172 sport
lol take it u drive a bit crazy then me the same wife is sensible telling me to slow down lol i live nr aberdare looking for a second car curently either a 172 or 182 gonna see what tbh i do like the 182 but also have a soft spot for a 172 in aliminium.

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
lol take it u drive a bit crazy then me the same wife is sensible telling me to slow down lol i live nr aberdare looking for a second car curently either a 172 or 182 gonna see what tbh i do like the 182 but also have a soft spot for a 172 in aliminium.

nope not crazy ha, we had a meet yesterday by aberdare. i think you should go for the 182 :)

172 sport
n drii think i should get a 182 where in aberdare was then meet to/ im a little olld to go to meets i think lol yea yea crazy woman driver

Suzuki Jimny
Welcome!

If you want someone to have a look over any potential 182's or 172's I would be willing :)

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
Welcome!

If you want someone to have a look over any potential 182's or 172's I would be willing :)
Dont trust him, he drives a convertible ;)
The meet was just a chat photos and a long drive on the black mountaing and back through brecon, nothing that would intrest a certain age group the more the merrier

1.2 Mk3 Phase2
I think there was about 17 of us in the end, we started off near aberdare, went to brynaman then across the mountain to llandovery way then back to aberdare through brecon, was a real nice drive (scary!!) had some lovely photos too.

172 sport
i agree mate i get id in asda got id the other day buying smokes for the wife how embarrasing is that what u got yourself mate

172 sport
nice car mate where are you based i been looking around cant decide on which to get so many choices and colours think the wife is more concerened on colour tbh but decided the time is right to buy one test drove the 172 and 182 and both are equally nice to drive.

182 ff cup packs
depends what u want out of it...i prefer the 182 but am looking to buy another 172 for track car...

182 ff cup packs
mine always puts a smile on my face mate...not the fastest thing on earth but its more fun than my mates 560bhp evo lol

182 ff cup packs
What u mean on the difference between the 182ff and 172 mate.
lots of little suspension mods on ff 182(cup packed)...wider track, castor changed, spring an dampers slightly uprated, stiffer arb, strengthened rear beam and cup rear spoiler, front splitter and anthracite wheels...4 branch and sport cat, different ecu mapping, inlet manifolds and and someone can correct me if im wrong, knife edged crank journals and inlet cam.....im by kidwelly by the way

182 ff cup packs
so quite a few nicies on the cra making it a better ride handling ect i take it i think its a 182 for me then.
cup packed ones have their downfalls tho....price up a decent set of coillies for a laugh though....having said that mines on standard dampers, eibach pros, whiteline arb and powerflexed and im happy with it

172 sport
Seems like a little beast mate I seen a few on autotrader for price ranges of 2300 up to 3k which is my prie budget what u reckon or shall I look for a decent 172 mate.

RS6 C7
  172 sport
Hey Cotball I drove both a 172 and a 182 neither were cups and thought they were really nice cars it's purely a bit of fun and the odd occasion to work the wife drive a 172 cup and hated it (think the car was in its last legs tbh) I just can't decide on what to do tbh I like the 172 but have seen a 182 for only a couple hundred more when I buy one it won't be bought to sell on it will be until it dies tbh auto trader have some decent 182 but it's making mind up time.

182 ff cup packs
Seems like a little beast mate I seen a few on autotrader for price ranges of 2300 up to 3k which is my prie budget what u reckon or shall I look for a decent 172 mate.
for that money get a well looked after 172 mate...dont get the cup if u like air con, abs, xzenon lights, auto wipers, decent interior etc as it has none....get a cup if your gonna track it, 172 non cup is much beter specced and beter daily driver..