ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitates on acceleration (uphill only)

Recently my 172 slightly hesitates on acceleration when going uphill.

What can cause this problem???

Sparkplug (only 15 months), coil pack, fuel pump, injector??? What is the best way to check?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Pull the HT leads from the coil pack through the process of elimination?

Sounds like a faulty Coil pack or HT leads...?

Any lights on the dash illuminated mate?

no dash light on. will ask m y garage friend to check the coil for me.

i am using the blue 8mm MAGNECOR IGNITION LEADS.
I will change the plug and put the original lead back and try.

It's A Reno
What sort of a hesitation are we talking about here, a second or a moment?
The drive-by-wire can be a bit laggy....mine is, or is that me. :S

What sort of a hesitation are we talking about here, a second or a moment?
The drive-by-wire can be a bit laggy....mine is, or is that me. :S

Thanks! But where is the drive-by-wire locate???

Sorry my English is not v good. I would say a moment. "It only happens sometimes" on uphill, maybe it is misfire. It is like while you drink, you swallow the water through your throat. Your throat cannot allow the water all the way down, it require a tiny pause.

I got to step down the pedal a bit or switch down to lower gear, but still feel a bit lack of power. I am thinking if it is relate to the A/C system sensor (I know A/C on would decrease the power a little bit).

I will change the sparkplug and check the lead today. Will see.

I really dun want the problem relate to the fuel pump. How much does it cost?? It is a unit that attached to the fuel filter.

i'd say it sounds a little like a faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor :)

Where is this locate??You mean the little black plug that located on the right side of the engine top exhaust manifold? Is that same as the MAP sensor?? Or it is attached to the throttle?

Mk1 Clio Rsi
The mass air flow sensor is normally located in the air intake piping which connects to your throttle body its a small black plug that clips into the actual air piping

clio 172
I had a misfire recently had it put on computer no fault changed lead plugs and coil still done it got it back on computer and it came up tdc sensor ( flywheel sensor) if I went through the rev lightly it was ok but if I floored it would hesitate

I actually got the upgraded TDC sensor long time ago cos I was having start up problem before. But problem gone after I used top grade fuel. I still have the TDC sensor with me.

Some said it may have problem if I change to the upgraded (revised version) TDC sensor on my 172 MK2 (2001). Anyone heard about that.

BTW, I do clean the throttle every 2 months, I am afraid it effect the Mass Air flow sensor. But I was using reliable 3M throttle cleaner.

I dun think my clutch slipped. The revs are fine.

Well... I had changed the plugs yesterday. And see the pics for its condition. I doubt if any water get into the plug area as it is a bit rust. I did clean the engine bay few weeks ago but I had slightly covered the plug area. What I am worry of is the gasket status. Any comment???

So far, the car runs fine. But I need more test.

BTW, I got my NGK plugs from UK Ebay. Approx. 33.00GBP included shipping to Hong Kong. Becos we dun have this part number in HK. But people do mentioned the BKR6EIX-11P is can also be used on Clio. I used Denso IK20 before and we have this selling at £5.5GBP each here. Cheap I think.

I think so.

I forgot to tell that I put my Clio aside for 9 months before on 2008.
Now, Hong Kong is very hot and humid!!! Hate that!