ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here we go.....

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I did wonder how long it would be untill they released this! However I do wonder how much the pixel count is going to effect the image noise at higher iso's... Not the end of the world, and its long overdue. I think this will be the next step I take from my D300s but I imagine the price will be on the steep side.

That'll be a tricky decision here at work. We use the D700 for one of our products, so I assume we'll move over to the D800.....but which one!

We take photos of fingerprints, so I guess the D800E will be the better choice, as we don't really encounter any moire issues.

I'd be intrigued to see the ISO performance compared to the D4. There wasn't much between the D700 and D3, but I guess Nikon have purposefully separated the D800 and D4.

I hope we can get a D4 in at work too ;)

Cupra
That's one in the eye for Canon! It's a good job they haven't released anything on the 5DIII yet as it gives them a chance to go back to the drawing board!

You say that, but I'm still concerned (well not really actually) about the ISO performance on them. With 36MP I doubt they're anywhere near as good as the D700......but I hope I'm wrong.

But then I'm a photographer who values ISO performance over MP, one of the reasons I'm glad I'm with Nikon.

You say that, but I'm still concerned (well not really actually) about the ISO performance on them. With 36MP I doubt they're anywhere near as good as the D700......but I hope I'm wrong.

But then I'm a photographer who values ISO performance over MP, one of the reasons I'm glad I'm with Nikon.

Relax, it's a Sony sensor ;)

Last edited:
I'm not that bothered, I certainly won't be replacing my D3 any time soon that's for sure.

I just hope Nikon don't do a Canon, so to speak.