ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

here we go again!!! tyre choice!

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
hey guys/gals i've done a search on tyres and my 172 cup is wearing very worn 195/45/16s at the mo (not the best for the cup especially as they are pretty cheap tyres and the weather is tosh). i believe it should have 205/45/16s on it anyway so

was wondering everyones views on tyres as........

i'm in a position to pick up tyres relatively cheaply through a friend and needing a set of 5 (1 for the spare as im commuting and tyre weld isnt my thing)

any advice welcome (especially from fellow cup owners) as i generally use the car to commute and the occasional airfield day! want a good tyre but i by no means push the car to its limit especially in the wet!

cheers

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
eagle F1's are good to, and i'm pretty sure the cup has 195/45/16 tyres as standard.

mk3 golf gti
i have pirelli p zero nero on mine, very good tyre, also do a lot of driving and found them to be very good.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
what would you say a good price was for

5 - michelin pe2s

5 - p zero neros

all fitted balanced and valves etc?

the above are for 205 45 16s

i'm still not sure if they should be 195 though!!!

205/45/16 PE2's are about £88 fitted at the tyre place i use. probably cheaper at cosco

or Eagle F1's are really good

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Got 4 eagle F1's on mine and it handles very well (specially round the combe!!!). Should be 195's on the cup i think.

A4 DTM/iceberg cup
^^^cool havent seen yours kicking around much mark! will get some quotes asap as im pushing the limits. you going to attend the airfield meet in march???

marc1330

ClioSport Club Member
  Hill lover
Wheres this airfield meet then? Been using the Mrs car more lately so Cup hasn't been out much its been sat in my garage. Saw a cup today at lunch time 53 plate by the oldmixon was it you.