ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here she is <3

Clio 172 Cup
i picked my "new" clio up yesterday and im loving it. was going to post yesterday but had work straight after i collected the car, had to sit there for 4 hours looking at it.
well here it is:
2uszwxz.jpg
kci0ya.jpg
732wyo.jpg

i have changed the side repeaters to the clear ones off a ph2 1.2 and i have added a smaller airial as the original one was pretty long for such a small car!

ive got some silver indicator bulbs ready to fit to the front lights so it all looks abit less orange!

i have also got ph2 rear lights ready to fit but i cant decide if id rather have the ph1 lights instead, looks kind of old school, but i like that!

BMW E92/Audi S3
Looks like you were very excited to pull over into your drive and take pics ( Judging by parking ;) )
Very tidy, i likey!

Clio 172 Cup
lol, id just washed it. had to park around my mums micra so she could get out,didnt want her to hit it on day one!

what you think about the rear light situation?
i think ill stay with the phase one lights,not sure?

also do you know where i can get a small cliosport sticker for my back window?

going to pay the membership the minute i can be arsed to go down to the car and get my wallet!lol

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
I'd keep the rear lights tbh, get some ph2 sidestrips instead..

Lovely example, have loadsa fun in that mate.

Clio 172 Cup

thanks, do the phase 2 sidestrips go straight on then? i kind of like the older looking ones, i really want to keep the car as standard looking as i can, ive been a fan of the phase one for soo long, still cant belive i actually own one, i know its "only a clio" but i love it!

not a bad car for £1400 though!:)

Clio 172 Cup
is that the one from piston heads with the rubbish advert and 113k miles??

the very same mate!

i mentioned it to the guy when i went to see it, said i almost didnt bother because of the ad, but i emailed him and he gave me some info, went to see it the next day, 40 min test drive and i agreed to buy, the guy was really nice, bit of a dreamer, he showed up to meet me at his house on a push bike, but really genuine and helpful and honest, its got full service history and all good parts, michelin pilots all round the lot, engine was reconditioned at 95k as well.
runs really tight and no knocks or anything

9months mot,
2 months tax, and a full service history.... all for £1400.

it needs a new vent in the dashboard though, as did my old 1.2 when i bought that, there soo weak!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5

thanks, do the phase 2 sidestrips go straight on then? i kind of like the older looking ones, i really want to keep the car as standard looking as i can, ive been a fan of the phase one for soo long, still cant belive i actually own one, i know its "only a clio" but i love it!

Yeah they do mate, just clip right on, I just fitted mine yesterday haha, and I'm no modding expert at all.

Clio 172 Cup

Yeah they do mate, just clip right on, I just fitted mine yesterday haha, and I'm no modding expert at all.

may have a look in the scrap yard tomorrow then, there bound to have some, i want to put the metal interior door handles on as well, are these hard to fit?

Ian

Focus TDCi
Gah, brilliant deal! With the money you've saved on that I could almost afford the insurance lol. Why did he sell it for so cheap? 113k is a little offputting but still a bargain. :)

Clio 172 Cup
as i say he was a nice guy but i dont think he realised how much it was worth, he had a new megane sport and he needed to be rid of it, i think he thought as the milage was high that it was worthless, plenty of life in it though and its been serviced when it should, so i hope theres life in the old girl still,i love it anyway, if it needs a new engine in the future so be it. for the money i got it for, a fair bit can go wrong before id concider giving up on it!