ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Here Goes, Please help BRAKES (a warning to those with MK3's)

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
OK long story and am a girl so i will try as best as i can to explain.

My own a MK3 Clio dyno s 55plate so the first of this model to hit the road, anyways about 12weeks ago my rear drivers wheel starts to make a squeeking sound, not really at any said time and not when braking but just know and again i would heard this squeak.

not to long after that my petrol consumption starts to become crap and i feel as if the car is draggin. the squeak was slowly gettin worse but everyone told me it was just my brakes and to drive it at high speed then wack the brakes on.

So anyways it was serviced at 12thousand, its now sittin at 18 so i thought it could prob do with another service before the summer is out.
I took it to my car mate and he serviced it, i told him about the sound comin from the rear and asked him to look into it.

During the service apparently my oil came out black (even though it was changed only 6thousand miles before hand) and also it never had enough oil in it (however the computer aways told me "oil level correct", but he looked into the sound, now this is the scary bit.

My brakes, as in all four were very badly corroded, especially my rears. he told me that all pads and discs would deffo need replaced and advised this to be done asap.
lucky me but my brakes have the abs and wheel barrings incuded so it was 221squid just for the parts (oh and did you know that renualt owns nissan so its actually micra and note brakes)!

So tonight he collects the car to start work on the brakes, a hour in a hear his swearing and the hammer going 10 to the dusson so i go out and ask if everything is ok

He tells me that the front brakes (pad & discs) changed, callipers are fine and they are good to go, however the driver rear brakes are completly f***ed!
He used the hammer to batter the pad and disc out of place as the callipers is completely seased on and wont stift! we have just spent about 4hours trying to get this beast to shift and it wont budge!

i really need help here guys as my car is now off the road till i can get this fixed, am totally gutted its only 2.5years old and ive looked after this car as well as i know how to, am lookin for suggestions on how to get this callipers to release and also to give a waring to all MK3 owners to check their brakes, pad, discs and callipers), please if anyone has any suggestions or has suffered from problems like this help me out.

Da

Less
Surely if it's 2.5years old then the calipers are still covered by warranty?

As for brakes needing replacing after 18 thousand, well if the calipers seized then yeah but if not then no chance in normal road use!

MK3 D.Sport, 2.0 HDI Van
i cant go into a renualt dealer with the car has been modified and they would argue wear and tear anyways. been suggested that it is fault calipers but no way to argue that if i cant get them off the car in one peice.

Da

Less
Wear and tear on a 2.5 year old car wouldn't wash with me, and they can only invalidate the warranty on the parts you have modified.

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I know this sounds a bit BONE , but is it at a renault dealer or is somone else doing it, are the rears wind in pistons, hes not trying to compress them in is he he'll never ever compress a wind in. Wind in ones have slots on the piston face to enable you to turn the piston in with a medium size screwdriver.