ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!

Arctic 182
What do I do, cars been off the road now for nearly 2 weeks. Basically a wheel bolt got snapped off in the hub so i got the hub off but the threads are buggered on 3/4 holes. Anyway while it's been off the guys at work looking at it are saying the bearing could do with changing too as its stiff? So I need new bolts, a new bearing and a 150mm thing to re-thread it. Is it worth just getting a new hub an bearing off eBay? Only thing is there's no 182 ones so will a 1.2 of the same year still fit?

Cost difference:

Bolts-£5 each from Renault or a set off someone on here for a tenner
Bearing-£60 Renault
150mm thread-£15

Total £85

New hub off eBay(if it fits)-£20-30

It's killing me not being able to drive and I'm having to scrounge lifts off co-workers eugh...

long term the best fix is to replace all the bolts with studs and wheel nuts. Never anymore problems and a lot stronger as well as easier to change wheels at any time.

182, 6r GTi
id give clio spares a ring, and a few of the traders a ring to see if they have one, im not sure if yours is a cup pack model either. but i doubt a 1.2 one would fit, and from the statement you've put in edge my bets on getting a new hub.

Ph1 172
Easiest option is to get a (good condition) second hand one. If your model is a 1*2 any other hub wont fit as I believe the internal splines are different

Above link should be what youre after