ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

HELP!

Clio 172 Cup
my ph1 172 has just broken down.

engine started fine from cold, got literally a mile down the road, changed upto fifth and there was a total loss of power, changed down to 4th then 2nd and still nothing, let in the clutch and the car cut out.

i tryed re starting the car and the starter motor is just turning over but nothing else.

there is fuel in the car, all oil and coolants are fine and the batterys fine.

any ideas?

Clio 172 Cup
i hope its not the cambelt, only had it done a couple of weeks ago!

i called the breakdown and they couldnt fix it, had to get it towed home.
they did say that the fuel pump wasnt functioning, they seem to think its to do with a sensor on the gearbox?

Clio 172 Cup
Cars booked into garage tomorrow after coming home on tow truck( well embarressing as car alarm kept going off as i came down my street, so all the neighbors blinds were twitching looking at my poorly clio :( ).
anyway hope its not too expensive as the clios meant to be taking me on holiday to the south of france on saturday!

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
As above could be a number of things - on my kit car this happened and the woodruff key had somehow slipped out from between the crank and the front pulley. Similar effect to a cambelt, but the Toyota engine I had was 'safe' so it didn't matter.

Imagine that's not the problem if your fuel pump isn't working though.