ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!

Mk4 Golf
Hi folks, hows it going?

Currently looking for a replacement my mk4 Golf and have seriously considered a Clio 172. Can anyone tell me the main differences between the 172 Cup and the 172? I've been told the Cup is just a stripped out 90KG lighter version and doesn't include all the comforts such as leather/alacantara trim the other model has. Think I'm going to view this one 'RENAULT Clio 2.0 16v Renaultsport 172 Cup , 3 Doors, Manual, Hatchback, Petrol, 2003 53 Reg , 36,000 miles, Blue, 2 Owners. FULLSERVICE-HISTORY, Radio/CD. Insurance Group:16, Limited Edition £8,495' Whats the verdict in terms of price etc?

Cheers folks, forum looks good too!

MINI JCW
thats too expensive you could get a 182 for that

Me personally would go for a 182 with cup bits as I think its the best of both worlds

RB 182 FF/ CUP PACKS
Far too expensive - by about £2000 ! If you've got that sort of money buy a 182 "Full fat" with both cup packs IMO.

Mk4 Golf
Yep, Ive noticed prices can be a big difference in terms on Location. I'm in the North East of Scotland, Aberdeenshire. I've seen some on Pistonheads down south that are significantly cheaper. Pretty much dreading insurance going on 19 with 1 years no claims, from Group 4 Golf to Group 16!

Mk4 Golf
So, what are the actuall differences between the 172 Cup, and the 172 Sport? As i previously mentioned, do the Cups just come with basic cloth interior and the later comes with Leather/alacantara Renaultsport seats?

How much would I expect to pay privately and also from a garage, for an 53 Plate 172 & Cup, 182 & Cup?

Sorry I'm clueless guys!!

Cheers

Mk4 Golf
You think? Do all 172 Cups have cloth interior? Someone local just bought a 172 Renaultsport and the seats are leather

Sorry for all the constant questions and posts. Just want to gather as much info as possible before I go out and buy something.

172 cups as std interior like the dynamique interior .....drop us a pm for info if you require m8 ....will try and answer them for ya :D