ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help!

306 GTI-6
I have just had a chap ring up about my car and he said thet he will more than likely have it if I can get it taxed.
The car is currently SORN and is not insured, it has a valid MOT but obviously I need the insurance document to be able to tax it.

Does anyone know of a way that I could tax the car without it being insured?
Thanks in advance
Martin

306 GTI-6
Yes he will pay for the tax but it needs to be taxed so that he can drive it home.
I cannot get temporary insurance on it as I have insured a few different cars temporarily recently and now my insurance company think i'm a motortrader and won't give me any temporary cover!

Da

Less
He can drive it home, get him to insure it before he picks it up. He gives you the cover note along with ££'s, you take cover note, the money and MOT to post office and tax it on his behalf ready for him to collect? I can't really see how/why it's any more difficult than that. It's only like buying from a dealer except you're a private seller :)

Clio 172
I will take the risk and say I will buy it so I will phone my insurance company and sort it out b4 coming down.

I will buy the tax online when I come to pick it up.