ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

!!!!! help !!!!!

renault clio 1.2 16v
Can anyone help me, i have a bog standard 1.2 16v mk2 clio.
Need and want to make it move a bit quicker.Exhaust and induction kits???

It looks standard too, any ideas?
Your help will be well appreciated.

Lewis:approve:

Chocolate Bar™
i have a 1.2 16v and according to my recent rolling road (however reliable they are) have added 10bhp, by adding a viper with custom feed, stealth system and sports cat. More importantly i got a mint torque curve, pulling all the way through the range :)

brisa4984

ClioSport Club Member
once you mod, most people get tired of the power very quickly.. and by that stage they've already spent hundereds. Then find out that they cant get any more power witout spendin grands worth. .. And so decide to get a larger engine or allbeit a 172.

All im suggestin is you think before you spend.. ive a 1.2 dynam and almost spent on the engine but decided not too. Plus dont expect to get any or all your mod money back by upin the askin price of your car if and when you come to sell it.

the cheapest way to replicate and extra 10bhp,, us probs throw the spare wheel out.. and get on a treadmil and lose weight ;)

im after a 172 now and happy i didnt mod my car.

brisa4984 said:
once you mod, most people get tired of the power very quickly.. and by that stage they've already spent hundereds. Then find out that they cant get any more power witout spendin grands worth. .. And so decide to get a larger engine or allbeit a 172.

All im suggestin is you think before you spend.. ive a 1.2 dynam and almost spent on the engine but decided not too. Plus dont expect to get any or all your mod money back by upin the askin price of your car if and when you come to sell it.

the cheapest way to replicate and extra 10bhp,, us probs throw the spare wheel out.. and get on a treadmil and lose weight ;)

im after a 172 now and happy i didnt mod my car.

defo agree in ur thinkin:butt: ppl cant afford the swap and would prefer to mod their motor in this way .

would say the breathing mods as stated by middo is the way 2 go :star:

Last edited:
  Chocolate Bar™
i dont regret modding my 1.2s engine for a second. its so much more enjoyable to drive, didnt cost me any extra on the insurance and still retains its petrol consumption. I certainly wont be saving up for a 172, as so far i've prob spent no more than about 500 quid on the engine and i'd say its just as fun. As kullycliosport (sorry mate dont know u're actual name ;)) says, breathing mods are the way forward on a small engined car.

To add to the 'fun' of the drive of the car i'd def consider getting some coilovers, handlings superb and well worth the money. I'd get them before even starting on the engine :)