ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with wiring Focal components - help pls

I've bought a Kenwood HU and a pair of Focal Access 130 component speakers with tweeters and crossovers. I have no idea how to wire them up though !

I have disconnected the dash tweeters but am leaving them in place. I'm going to surface mount the Focal tweeters on the mirror pod's. So once the door panels are off (is this easy and does battery need disconnecting due to airbag switch in pass door card?) I can start the wiring.

Can I just take the feed from the old door speaker wire, into the crossover and then from crossover to tweeter ?

Thanks for any help.

Yes, you can just take the old speaker wire feed, that's easiest, specially if your mounting the tweeters in the door too.
Although when I put mine in, I put in new speaker wire through to the doors, and amped my components, sounded much better.

Door cards are easy to take off, there is a guide really good guide on here, but you have to pay to become a full member to get access to it. No you don't have to disconnect battery.

Thanks for the fast reply James. Will try that tomorrow.

Out of interest, when you say that you put new speaker wire through to the doors, how do you do this ? It seems that the wiring loom that comes out of the car by the door hinge is a mutliplug type, and then that goes into the door end ? How do you get new wire through it ? It doesnt seem like theres any speare holes to poke wire through. Sorry if its a stupid question.

Thanks again.

You don't have to change the wires, I only did because I was amping my components.

To put new speaker wire through, it was a real mission lol, basically I found two holes with empty pins, then forced a tiny allen key through and wiggled it to make the whole big enough, then threaded the new speaker wire through,

But again there's a few guides on here of different ways of doing it, but as I said, you'll still be fine using the standard wire probably. Much easier too.