ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with weld in seat mounts

Petrol blue Clio 182
Hi all. I've been looking through some builds and liking the lower seat position that some are using, I've got a universal weld in seat rail kit, are they any good fitting guides

Thanks Scott

Attachments

• 19522AC2-F1FF-4E41-BD8F-246FFA396AB0.png
    19522AC2-F1FF-4E41-BD8F-246FFA396AB0.png
    415.8 KB · Views: 467

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Just did mine in the twingo. Just make sure you mesure everything and check it all. There are a few kits available just make sure e the tubes are long enough as some of the kits have shorter ones that are too small (we'll for the twingo) I assume the floor pan is similar so best to check.

Petrol blue Clio 182
That’s great info thanks
Do you just weld the small plates to the car and then weld the bar to the plates ?
I couldn’t work out why the plates had holes in them?

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Some kits have the holes drilled in some don't get the ones with the holes made in them.

1985michael182

ClioSport Club Member
The holes are for mechanical reinforcement. If the person welding them isn't that clued up with welding and doesn't get penetration into the square floor plate and the tube together there's risk of them breaking free of the welds.
With the tube entering inside the sill and the tunnel it wont drop or lift if the welds snap.
The MSA blue book gives you specific measurement between the 2 tube to be welded. Even if your not competing in any type of motorsport and it's just for road/trackday it's still good practice to follow the safety advice and follow the measurements.
Another tip is before you remove your original seat, set the drivers seat where you would have it to drive. Then put the passengers seat inline with it and remove the drivers. Gives you a bit of a gauge as to where the seat need to be and the you can measure your weld in seat mounts from there.
Use your steering wheel as the centre line for the seat aswell.