ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help With Recovering Data From Buggered HDD..

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Maybe someone can help.

I have my mums laptop to fix for her as the HDD seems to be fucked. Im going to put an SSD in it but she wants all the photos off the old one as its years worth and her only copies (despite me telling her a million times to back up)
Its windows 7, ive tried repairing and reinstalling windows on the existing drive but it wont play ball.
Wont boot into windows at all just hangs after initial screens, usual s**t.

Is there anything i can do without having to pay for professional recovery?
I have had macbooks for years now and am out of the PC/windows loops.

Thanks in advance! :)

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds like it should do the trick if the problem is that it won't boot into Windows. The hard drive isn't dead as such, there's just most likely some corruption on there.

While you're at it maybe upload the pics to a cloud service like OneDrive? You get 15Gb free and if you link it to her mobile phone by downloading the app you get another 5Gb and it will automatically upload the pics to the cloud so there will be a backup there. There are tons of other similar services out there, I just one OD because I get unlimited storage with my Office subscription.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Drop me your email in a PM and I will sort you out with recovery software this evening.