ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with New speakers and head unit.

172 Cup
Hi,
Just bought some of these for the rear http://www.bassjunkies.com/?pid=30552&rf=ref_froogle straight swap. and getting some pioneer components for the front.

Bit stuck for a headunit. I quite like the alpine here http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/alpine-idax100-p-6482.html but dunno if i can justify getting a headunit with no cd player. I'd also need a cable for the control stalk aswell.

Id like to know what the cable is and how a head unit affects the HU display with the temp on etc. and Headunit options,
Thanks in advance.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
alpine CDA9880R is what i have in my car... full speed ipod connection and it has a cd player :)

with it being black with orange (or green) lights it fits in with the car and looks mildly OEM

172 Cup
alpine CDA9880R is what i have in my car... full speed ipod connection and it has a cd player :)

with it being black with orange (or green) lights it fits in with the car and looks mildly OEM
''Dont make me turn my back on you Bollo!''

What fittings do you need for the stalk connection and for the HU where the temp gauge is?

That pioneer looks a bit pony but i thought it was quite cheep!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
yep but for an extra 30 quid you could own one of these beauties
b_cde9880r.jpg

;)

connection wise, you need the renault bit which is about 30 quid and you need the pioneer or alpine but which is about a fiver. you connect them together and plug them into your HU and then your stalks work.

you need to bear in mind that pioneer one may not be compatable with the stalks (some of the earlyer ones aren't IIRC)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
if you want it with the bluetooth unit you have to pay £200 all in. i personally dont have the bluetooth unit as i already have hands free etc but iv heard its good unless you have an N95 :)