ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with Loop Hearing System

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
My old man uses hearing aids and is really hard of hearing without them, we've dug out his old loop system and it works just fine on normal tv BUT as soon as you flick to HDMI to use our android streaming box the system doesn't work.

My brother ordered a digital to analog transfer box and connected the supplied cables, still no joy.

Anyone able to help?

Can take pics of all components if it helps as my description is poor.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Loop box

ff011d8ee163bc152e86989449f24937.jpg

a28fb2fc64a77463eb6ddce3232c0012.jpg

Digi to Analog Converter

25b41f246cb2db89ebaadfc562294a17.jpg

8e6d26dbb37c85ef5576c689aa6f6a1e.jpg

Android Box

312f1835ca8f1134e56b74db499d94e4.jpg

Back of TV

bc0ec7bf6c05da83cf4180da27a5bb93.jpg

The TV is old as it's a temporary one and will be replaced with a new one soon if that plays any part?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Is that red loop current light constantly on?

Obviously if you're getting audio from it when watching normal TV, it's working ok and your issue is getting the audio out when on HDMI.

Is the digital output turned on in the TV menu? I know on mine it can be turned on/off

I take it when you switch to HDMI, you unplug the red/white RCA cables from the TV and plug them into your converter?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I'd probably hazard a guess that he convertor is being fed a non lpcm signal over the spdif (I.e Dolby digital, dts ) and that the box can't decode it.

Does the tv not have some other analog outputs as they would be the best way to feed it and you also won't get sync issues then either?