ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with fitting of side mounted buckets...

200 FF Storm Grey
Got some suzuka pros and side mounts that I assumed I would be able to fit straight to the floor sections until I went to do it :/

Had my seats out and noticed the sections which the subframes bolt to are offset so presume I need some sort of steelsection welded in so the mounts are fixed strongly.

Anybody fixed side mounted buckets direct to the floor pan? My seats are due to be collected tomorrow so I'm a bit up agaisnt it.

Cheers

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Two ways really...

OMP sell a floor mount which bolts in and your side mounts bolt to that Or you can weld some seat runners into the car and bolt the side mounts to that instead.

Its either about £200 for the OMP jobbies or two pieces of box section steel and a welder and about 30 mins :D

And no... I cba fitting them for you as I dont have a welder at home.

200 FF Storm Grey
Well I was looking to weld in some 5mm steel plates and then bolt through them.

How I get around the height difference from left to right is where I'm struggling.

Reluctant to spend £90 a go on subframes if I can

Gay Clio 172 phs1
You cut the OEM seat mounts out :D and make your own setup. Just make sure your welds are upto it as I would hate to go through a window still harnessed into my a seat lol. There are a few ways around it but it involves being a bit pikey and people on cliosport will think your the devil for not doing it in the correct mannor lol.

200 FF Storm Grey
I think I'm just going to fork out for the subframes mate, at least ill know its right

200 FF Storm Grey
KAM racing do the OMP subframes for £80 (for the pair) which seems like a great price so all sorted

Cheers for the advice Rexy (I was very close to taking a cutter & welder to my car lol).

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Soft arse, I would of taken a grinder and welder and saved £80 and put that towards something else lol :p

Glad your all sorted matey, and its about 15 times easier to do it that way if you don't have a welder to hand, I need to buy some seats again and do the same bleh!!!!

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Order some from ebay or order a set from demon tweeks.

I'm sure mini sport in padiam may have some or that rally place in bury.