ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with buying new brakes.

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Didn't want to call Fred just to pick his brains, he runs a business at the end of the day.

Anyone looked at the link above? Just wanted to know if they were worth having?

Breaking 172 NV676
The ones in the link look ok, but most people go for the HC version.

Fred sells discs and pads...he can get pretty much all parts. I think he was doing a deal for HC pads and DSC pads for 180 ish

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
Fred also has 10% off offer on at the moment :)

Top bloke! I remember seeing a thread about it but completely forgot about his offer!

This does seem to be a very popular choice, I'll take a trip down there tomorrow :D

Accord 2.4
Ive had them fitted to mine yesterday, (high carbon ones) wow the difference was amazing! Mind you the brakes were f***ed according to the fitter

or call Fred at BTM. There is no end to this mans knowledge

The ones in the link look ok, but most people go for the HC version.

Fred sells discs and pads...he can get pretty much all parts. I think he was doing a deal for HC pads and DSC pads for 180 ish

Fred also has 10% off offer on at the moment :)

i can't stop thinking about fred:rasp:

mild case of stalking i would say;)

as said above by TIG ACM or speak to g172 on here he will put you right

Last edited:
  172 Cup
Ive just put Brembo HC's, Ferodo DS2500's, Goodridge Lines and Motul RBF 660 fluid on my cup a couple of weeks ago and they are very very good indeed!

Clio 172
Fred you seem to be an expert, what would you recommend, I am mainly using the car for track days, found my standard stuff a bit weak at Donington this weekend and fading towards the end of the sessions.

Lionel Richie
Expert? Na, just a keyboard warrior with a spanner ;)

Plain front discs - any you like, most go for Brembo at less than £50 a pair you can't go wrong!

Pads - depends on how you dirve, the members of the cliosport fan club all run Ferodo DS2500 - fine for your amatuer track day hero, more advanced then go for the DS3000

avoid - EBC and some mintex stuff ie 1144,1155,1166, only decent mintex pad is the hardcore race stuff = £££

Clio 172
Cheers for the advice guys, guess I'll go down the Brembo route with the DS pads. And I guess the standard rear setup does the job well enough not to need changing.

george 172,205,metro
Expert? Na, just a keyboard warrior with a spanner ;)

Plain front discs - any you like, most go for Brembo at less than £50 a pair you can't go wrong!

Pads - depends on how you dirve, the members of the cliosport fan club all run Ferodo DS2500 - fine for your amatuer track day hero, more advanced then go for the DS3000

avoid - EBC and some mintex stuff ie 1144,1155,1166, only decent mintex pad is the hardcore race stuff = £££

used mintex 1155 and 1166 on and off track with great results have to be run through a heat cycles though to be right,agreed with ebc being very poor

Clio 172
What about them,and how long have you got ?

More a question of whether you'd change the standard ph1's setup to goto say a springs and dampers or coilovers. I've run the likes of KWV2's but not sure whether for the £££'s I'd need to spend I'd get a massive benefit.

Last edited:
  Lionel Richie
used mintex 1155 and 1166 on and off track with great results have to be run through a heat cycles though to be right,agreed with ebc being very poor

great pads the 1155 and 1166 but when they only last 1 track day they're not so good ;)