ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help with 5th gear video 182 vs 200

BG Clio 182
Can someone please point me to that thread where it was shown that the 182 was scripted to lose the race to the 200 yet they falsely portrayed it?

Was it @tonyhunter car?

Thanks

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Tbh he told me in person about the script being left in the car, I just gave you the original thread about the filming.

But post 101 onwards talks a little about the 'result'.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Lol, so not only is it the poor cousin to Top Gear but the timed laps, races and stuff they do are all s**t anyway.
At least with Top Gear it was obvious it was scripted so they made it amusing to compensate.

182cup & 172 racecar
Yes it was me.
The filmed lap , is an assortment of about 15-20laps all cut together, they only had 1 or 2 camera's, so had to keep moving them.
I actually timed the laps myself, and was shocked when the rdsukt came in, even more so, when I found the script in the back of the car when I got home.
Still, old news now.

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
This is brilliant, so did the script say the 200 before they even timed the laps, can you remember the actual times ?

182cup & 172 racecar
One was called Papa, and the other called Nicole, can't remember which one was which, the script just said Nicole wins with a time ........ sec.
Can't remember the actual time, but it was a little quicker than stated in the film.

BG Clio 182
One was called Papa, and the other called Nicole, can't remember which one was which, the script just said Nicole wins with a time ........ sec.
Can't remember the actual time, but it was a little quicker than stated in the film.
Did the 182 actually win when you timed it then? I wasn't really about when this thread was up so just reasonably eager to see what happened lol.

Just shows its all fiddling though results wise etc. Load of shite.

182cup & 172 racecar
So Papa lost, but in real time, he won.

Yes I timed both cars, and the 182 won, that's why I was shocked when they told me it was the other way around. But then when I found the script in the back of my car later, it all became clear.

Still never mind, it was a great day, even though a tad warm, and Jason was a good laugh.