ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Help, what do you guys think..?

Listerine & Poledo
They'll certainly work just as well as any other normal brakes (as in, not OMG SOOPERSPURT! WOW DRILLGROOVES!!!!!)

Which means you can lean on them in an emergency and they'll work, even if you've not been driving like Mansell for the last 30 miles.

Basically, as a standard replacement, fine......they'll even feel better than "standard", since your current brakes will be tired. To some degree, this is what makes people gush wildly about their ferodos etc when they first put them on....after running dead, old standard kit for the past year or so. OF COURSE THEY WORK BETTER!

If you want to do some track work, you may well look to go a couple of steps further up the budget, where the ferodos etc can help withstand brake fade. However if you just drive on roads, and dont insist on trying to set time-trial records on the way to work, you'll be reet.

Hell, I used Kwik fit brakes on the 172, and never had a problem....did get free replacement brake pads whenever they were needed though!

Megane RS250
They'll certainly work just as well as any other normal brakes (as in, not OMG SOOPERSPURT! WOW DRILLGROOVES!!!!!)

Which means you can lean on them in an emergency and they'll work, even if you've not been driving like Mansell for the last 30 miles.

Basically, as a standard replacement, fine......they'll even feel better than "standard", since your current brakes will be tired. To some degree, this is what makes people gush wildly about their ferodos etc when they first put them on....after running dead, old standard kit for the past year or so. OF COURSE THEY WORK BETTER!

If you want to do some track work, you may well look to go a couple of steps further up the budget, where the ferodos etc can help withstand brake fade. However if you just drive on roads, and dont insist on trying to set time-trial records on the way to work, you'll be reet.

Hell, I used Kwik fit brakes on the 172, and never had a problem....did get free replacement brake pads whenever they were needed though!

Currently i think she has brembo disks on the front and mintex disks on the back with mintex pads all round..
I dont do track days, but i do give her some gun now and then as i live out in the country.. i dont mind going to 150.. if theres anything better around that price...

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me

Ta Craig!

OP the first link doesn't have abs rings on the rear discs, but Mintex are a good quality brake manufacturer. But I'd recommend using only the Brembo or Renault rear discs as they have better quality bearings in them than the other makes

Second link will be cheap discs they get drilled "in house" somewhere and are NOT Brembo like the listing may have you think as the cleverly put Brembo in red near the discs title. I'd personally avoid those discs. Brembo pads are one of the best oe pads you can get imo

I can help you out if you need anything. The Traders sections should be first place you look not fleabay ;)

Megane RS250
Ta Craig!

OP the first link doesn't have abs rings on the rear discs, but Mintex are a good quality brake manufacturer. But I'd recommend using only the Brembo or Renault rear discs as they have better quality bearings in them than the other makes

Second link will be cheap discs they get drilled "in house" somewhere and are NOT Brembo like the listing may have you think as the cleverly put Brembo in red near the discs title. I'd personally avoid those discs. Brembo pads are one of the best oe pads you can get imo

I can help you out if you need anything. The Traders sections should be first place you look not fleabay ;)

Thanks, ill im after is a set like the top link that i can get on the car.. if you have any suggestions or sets ect around the £150 mark then you probably have a sale..

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Thanks, ill im after is a set like the top link that i can get on the car.. if you have any suggestions or sets ect around the £150 mark then you probably have a sale..

I can supply Mintex like the 1st link, Brembo and Renault so no worries there

I'll PM you some prices now so you can have a look at options ta